Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anybody own a Bond Arms .45/.410 derringer?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anybody own a Bond Arms .45/.410 derringer?

I am thinking about getting Dad a Bond Arms Snake Slayer .45/.410 for Father's Day. He recently looked at one at the gun shop and fell in love with it.

If anybody on here owns one, has shot one, or knows somebody that has one I would like to get your over-all opinion on this "hand cannon".

Thanks. -quake
Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

One of the guys at my deer lease was showing one off last fall. He seemed to like it, and it looks to be well made, but, I've never shot one.

For a carry piece, I prefer something that holds more than two shots, but, to dispatch rattlesnakes at the lease, the ability to use the .410 shot shells seems like a nice option...
Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

considered one, do like it more than the judge which is the same idea but 5 shots,

another option is simply to buy a 38/357 or 44, or any gun really and buy "snake loads" they come in packs of 10 shells and are already loaded with bird shot #9 in the case of my .44mag loads I believe something like 190 or 240 pellets per load, would certainly do the job on snakes.

so unless you really want to shoot 3" .410 shells with #4 buckshot or something, I think I'd rather have a revolver with snake loads.

that snake slayer is bigger than you think too, a concealed carry 38/357 would probably be similar in size.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks salukipv1 and ipscshooter for your comments.

I don't believe Dad was thinking about using it as a carry gun, except for maybe when we fish at the gravel pits (lots of snakes).

I think more than anything he just thought it was a neat gun. He said they appear to be made very well. Made in Texas, I believe. I have yet to see one in person.