Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I love walmart >

I love walmart

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I love walmart

Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default I love walmart

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/defa...5d4b&gt1=33002

It is about time, our store here in town does not sell them, the guy said they talked about doing so since they had in the 90s but opted not to, maybe they will now.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I don't share your "love" of Walmart I see they have chosen profits over politically correctness.

This is a company who took a notion from its founder (Sam Walton) and threw it in the trash to fund third world manufacturing.

I do remember the days you could buy a perfectly good Remington ADL for around $249 and sometimes less. Thats a great price for a donor action.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do agree, some if not most of their goods are well worthless, nothing like a tent that rips day one, a alarm clock that does not work, or my ohh so fav a air matterst that comes with factory holes. But the ammo is cheap, and most hunting stuff is the same stuff gander and cabelas sells, sure I did not buy my muzzleloader there, or my glock, or my range finder, but like I said AMMO IS CHEAP, they were 40 lower on the mossberg 500 my buddy bought
Originally Posted by skb2706
While I don't share your "love" of Walmart I see they have chosen profits over politically correctness.

This is a company who took a notion from its founder (Sam Walton) and threw it in the trash to fund third world manufacturing.

I do remember the days you could buy a perfectly good Remington ADL for around $249 and sometimes less. Thats a great price for a donor action.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Reading the comments on the page was interesting. Elitists calling every gun owner rednecks, etc.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Spike

Walmart is crap.. selling guns or not selling guns. Anything anti-small business can go blow one in my opinion.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1Shot2Kills
Walmart is crap.. selling guns or not selling guns. Anything anti-small business can go blow one in my opinion.
If small biz cant compete w/ walmart than they dont deserve to be in biz ,thats called the free market, maybe youve heard of it? WM is an easy target for the the populist crowd, but the fact is they create thousands of jobs and their low prices are a hedge against inflation.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
If small biz cant compete w/ walmart than they dont deserve to be in biz ,thats called the free market, maybe youve heard of it? WM is an easy target for the the populist crowd, but the fact is they create thousands of jobs and their low prices are a hedge against inflation.
Actually they are a significant cause of inflation. Small business cant compete against walmart, with their chinese import connections and just above cost pricing, or their very low wage jobs. You're asking, how does wally world affect inflation? What happens when you buy everything from overseas, but dont export anything to that country to offset it? You end up sending more money out then whats coming in. In order to offset that, more money is printed, and devalues the dollar, leading to the dollar not buying as much as it did from said country. Now you have to send more money over there to buy the stuff, it costs more over here, and your dollar doesnt go as far. It doesnt take brain surgery to see where that will go. There is a such thing as capitalism, then there is a thing called ignorance and greed. In the long term, walmart and other companies that wish to promote this flunking economics in high school mindset, will eventually sink their own ship. Sad part is, there isnt enough life boats, and we are all going down with it.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by streetglideok
Actually they are a significant cause of inflation. Small business cant compete against walmart, with their chinese import connections and just above cost pricing, or their very low wage jobs. You're asking, how does wally world affect inflation? What happens when you buy everything from overseas, but dont export anything to that country to offset it? You end up sending more money out then whats coming in. In order to offset that, more money is printed, and devalues the dollar, leading to the dollar not buying as much as it did from said country. Now you have to send more money over there to buy the stuff, it costs more over here, and your dollar doesnt go as far. It doesnt take brain surgery to see where that will go. There is a such thing as capitalism, then there is a thing called ignorance and greed. In the long term, walmart and other companies that wish to promote this flunking economics in high school mindset, will eventually sink their own ship. Sad part is, there isnt enough life boats, and we are all going down with it.
I aint buyn that, weve been buying that cheap chicom stuf since the 90s but we havent seen inflation like this, till after obamas "stimulous" disaster, that created nothing, now they have to print funny money to pay the chicoms intrest on the loan. thats whats causing the spike in inflation, in the past year or so, so blame obama not WM.

Also usually when people talk about "greed" they really mean people with more than them, which is what I call "envy" which is the real problem in this country, which why we have obama to deal w/ in the 1st place .

These "greedy corps" have share holders who depend on their stock values for their modest incomes.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

You guys crack me up with this BS. Before you get your little panties in a wad know how Walmart started out. Sam Walton started out a one man small business retail store called Walton's Five and Dime just like the majority of other business in the country. Don't get all pissed off that Sam Walton knew WTF he was doing and "made it" and the others didn't.

Good for walmart in a return to selling firearms. It's a step in the right direction.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
You guys crack me up with this BS. Before you get your little panties in a wad know how Walmart started out. Sam Walton started out a one man small business retail store called Walton's Five and Dime just like the majority of other business in the country. Don't get all pissed off that Sam Walton knew WTF he was doing and "made it" and the others didn't.

Good for walmart in a return to selling firearms. It's a step in the right direction.
+1, I agree 110%!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.