Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Sako Extractor on Rem700 >

Sako Extractor on Rem700

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako Extractor on Rem700

Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sako Extractor on Rem700

So how many folks get this mod? I thought most on here would and have but in the last poll, many didn't know what it was. I myself think its 100 bucks well spent. I have it on most guns.

Really spits out the extracted shell. Nice popover. I find the extractor clip gets pieces of brass all in it. Might not harm anything, but not very professional looking
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

..... I just never have had any ejection problems with any of my 700's, stock or modified so I really never considered it needed.... I never really felt there was any serious damage to the brass.. JMO..
Old 04-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the main reason to do it is if your going from a standard bolt face to a magnum...
Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

I'm getting a sako extractor on my 6br, i needed to open the bolt has so my smith is putting it in.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had ejection probs per sa, but I liked the strong ejection the new one gave me, and then after having one on my sako's and brownings A-bolts, I decided they were much classier than the metal clip/plunger deal. Maybe 100 dollar not needed item, but I like em.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pawildman
..... I just never have had any ejection problems with any of my 700's, stock or modified so I really never considered it needed.... I never really felt there was any serious damage to the brass.. JMO..
Same here! Ill spend my $100 on something that I actualy need!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
Same here! Ill spend my $100 on something that I actualy need!
If it was only about need, then none of us here would have a rifle. I mean a rifle is severe overkill for hunting. I mean anyone, I mean any duffis could kill with a rifle. They even have blind folks out there killing with rifles. I kid you not.

And if its only about need, taxidermy is not a need. That would be silly.

Its never about need when it comes to rifles or handguns. Even if it was a need for a rifle, we would all be shooting cheapo savages and tikka's. Hense, the reason I kill 95% of my animals by stick and string.

Some like quality machining. Like I. Some like, you might like medeocre whatever. This is a guns page where we talk about "likes and wants". Not your needs.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BCRules
If it was only about need, then none of us here would have a rifle. I mean a rifle is severe overkill for hunting. I mean anyone, I mean any duffis could kill with a rifle. They even have blind folks out there killing with rifles. I kid you not.

And if its only about need, taxidermy is not a need. That would be silly.

Its never about need when it comes to rifles or handguns. Even if it was a need for a rifle, we would all be shooting cheapo savages and tikka's. Hense, the reason I kill 95% of my animals by stick and string.

Some like quality machining. Like I. Some like, you might like medeocre whatever. This is a guns page where we talk about "likes and wants". Not your needs.
You are right, this a forum and I stated my opinion! And trust me I have killed more than my fair share with a bow. If something has proven to work for years with out problems, I am not going to replace it just to do so, I will invest my money in things like reloading components or such. That is my opinion, you have yours I have mine.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BCRules
That is provided there is something in front of you to kill, most of where I hunt, deer are either in bow range, or out of sight, so its not that much harder to kill a deer with a compound bow than a rifle. Ive always found gun hunting harder because i see way fewer deer in gun season, than in bow season. Now if I could rifle hunt the rut, and early season, that would be arguably, so easy "a duffis could" do it.

I totally agree though, that not needing something is a poor reason to not buy it. Its the same argument people make for banning certain weapons, as if there is some sorta magic efficiency level our equipment should be, before we voluntarily restrict ourselves. Makes no sense.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I need to clarify what I meant. If that little part on a Remington bothers you so much, Why buy a Remington that you are going to have to go spend another $100 to be happy with, just buy something besides the Remington that doesnt have that part on it, and put that $100 in your pocket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.