Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
first time rifle owner >

first time rifle owner

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

first time rifle owner

Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Look online for local gunclubs. Most have a website and a contact number. Call and explain yourself, and why you would like to join (most clubs annual fee are very reasonable and a good investment). Attend a meeting or two, and you will probably quickly meet a few individuals who would be happy to introduce you. Like was previously said, a firearms hunting safety course is an excellent idea, and free.
Remember the key rules of gun safety:Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
Never point it at anything (loaded or unloaded) you do not intend to shoot. Alllways be sure of the area behind your target. NO ALCOHOL prior to, during , or at any time a gun is being handled. Firearms and motorcycles tend to bring out the boy in all of us...be safe.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Spike

Thanks for all the great help, support, tips, and advice! I guess I'm a little impatient to try the rifle and I realize it will take time! Till then I look at it and look forward to the day I can shoot it! Thanks again!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never point the muzzle at anyone, gun loaded or not. Find a friend who's willing to work with you on gun handling, and take that hunter safety course even if you don't plan on hunting.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Happy to hear you finally decided to get into guns & all that comes along with it! Just like everybody said start with a hunters/gun safety course & that should give you the basics.