Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Took my Bushmaster to the range yesterday. >

Took my Bushmaster to the range yesterday.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Took my Bushmaster to the range yesterday.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Took my Bushmaster to the range yesterday.

Yesterday I took my Bushmaster Varmiter Special SS to the range, it is quite impressive the groups this AR will shoot!

Here is a 15 shot group at 100 yards that can be covered with a dime, this was not using a vice, just a couple of sandbags off the hood of my jeep.

Here is the same group covered with a dime.

This is why I like Bushmasters, and why I have no problem buying a factory built Bushmaster, opposed to building one out of some mismatched parts in order to save a few dollars.
This was shot using, Hornady 40gr. V-max's, Remington cases, CCI Magnum Small Rifle Primers and WC-844 Powder.

Last edited by fritz1; 04-10-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

90% of the varminters shoot like that, reguardless of who made it.
RR

Right!! LMAO!!!, You just like to argue dont you?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting Fritz!! What kind of scope do you have on that sucker? You just gave me the black gun fever again. I'll get it from time to time and go buy an AR. After I shoot it for a while, I always go back to my bolts but I have never had one that shoots like that. I may have to get a Vaminter!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Nice shooting Fritz!! What kind of scope do you have on that sucker? You just gave me the black gun fever again. I'll get it from time to time and go buy an AR. After I shoot it for a while, I always go back to my bolts but I have never had one that shoots like that. I may have to get a Vaminter!
Thanks! I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x with mil dots on it. I just got the scope not long ago, I love it, it has great optics. I always had Leupolds but have read nothing but good reviews on these so I decided to give it a try. I am very pleased with it.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting RR, but 3 shots is quite a bit different than 15. You act as if this is my first varmiter, I have had a DPMS, Colt and this Bushmaster. Neither the Colt or the DPMS would shoot as good as this gun, that is why I said HAD. This is from my personal experence, shooting several thousand rounds over the last few years, the Bushmaster is a superior weapon when it comes to accuracy.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

RR, I figured as much long range shooting that you do, you could post a better group than that! Why are you using remanufactored ammo? I thought you were the know it all handloader. Just saying!!! Hey maybe you can get that accuracy from other brands, I havnt, like I said, this is my personal experience with my rifles. You can say all you want, I know what works for me, I have experimented with other rifles, including a Colt Sporter H-Bar Elite and a DPMS Varmiter.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not worth my time argueing with you RR! Buy a progressive loader and you wont have to buy remanufactored ammo. I have a Hornady Lock and Load I use just for my 223's I can load 400-500 rounds in a hour easily. To be honest I wouldnt be proud of that group that you posted RR, I didnt even let the barrel cool on mine and was shooting standing up resting on the hood. The gun is capabable of better accuracy than that, is yours?

Last edited by fritz1; 04-10-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in northern Idaho our gun ranges are gravel pits, you can drive anywhere on it! We can shoot anywhere, there are no designated "Gun Ranges" arround here! Unless you want to drive about 40 miles or more, I can shoot all I want less than a mile from my house and yes it was a true 100 yards. I have a Leupold RX-1000TBR laser range finder to verify my yardage.

We have both been warned about argueing on here several times, if you have a problem take it to private message. I dont feel like getting banned today!

Last edited by fritz1; 04-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Site Bouncer

Fritz1 and Ridge Runner, great shooting both of you, far better than I could pull off.

That being said, I'm not going to comment that all bone stock AR's can shoot the groups you both have posted but I will say I've seen many, many targets with those types of groups out of bone stock varmint AR's.

Also, it is a fact that with the exception of a few companies all the AR's are parts guns. I was just at the Rock River Arms plant in Colona, IL. last week picking up a barrel (mid length lightweight) and the parts manager and I got on this very subject.

He confirmed that indeed they purchase most of their parts from the same few manufacturers that 90% of the other AR big name companies do as well. They put their own "fine touches" to them but they are all basically the same. I know Rock River uses a completely different fire control group than say DPMS or Colt but they are pretty much the same stuff.....all mismatched parts guns.

Last edited by BigJ71; 04-12-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

if the parts are mismatched the gun wont fire

the only difference I can see between a parts gun ,and a factory AR15 is letting the factory put the "mismatched parts" together for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.