Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 700 Accuracy >

Remington 700 Accuracy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 Accuracy

Old 04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Remington 700 Accuracy

As some of you know a couple months ago I bought a new Remington SPS Buckmasters .270 Winchester. Got the scope on it and bore sighted and FINALLY shot it today.

I must say that the new X-Mark Pro trigger set at 3-1/2 lbs. is one of the best triggers I've ever pulled. It took me about 5-6 shots to get the impact where I wanted it and then shot my 3-shot group. The barrel was HOT!! I had the Mueller 4-16 X 50AO scope set at 16 power and only screwed up one of the three shots. I was shooting factory Hornady Custom 130 gr ammo.

I still ended up with a 3/4" group at 100 yards. If I had a cool barrel I think I could have had a cloverleaf. Easily.

Now I am extremely pleased. All I've read in here is how Remington's quality is horrible and their new trigger is worse then the old and on and on. I'll tell you what. This is one fine shooting rifle. And for $599 with a $40 rebate. I doubt a Savage could beat this.
Attached Thumbnails Remington 700 Accuracy-dsc00193apr.jpg   Remington 700 Accuracy-dsc00217.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad you like it. I have had good luck with every Remington that I have ever owned, old or new. I have NEVER had one that wouldnt shoot extremely well.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
I am glad you like it. I have had good luck with every Remington that I have ever owned, old or new. I have NEVER had one that wouldnt shoot extremely well.
Same here.

My Winchester M70 in 7mm Rem.Mag. is a different story though. I'll be taking it out soon with different handloads. Give it a nice swift kick in the ass and try to get those groupings better.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
As some of you know a couple months ago I bought a new Remington SPS Buckmasters .270 Winchester. Got the scope on it and bore sighted and FINALLY shot it today.

I must say that the new X-Mark Pro trigger set at 3-1/2 lbs. is one of the best triggers I've ever pulled. It took me about 5-6 shots to get the impact where I wanted it and then shot my 3-shot group. The barrel was HOT!! I had the Mueller 4-16 X 50AO scope set at 16 power and only screwed up one of the three shots. I was shooting factory Hornady Custom 130 gr ammo.

I still ended up with a 3/4" group at 100 yards. If I had a cool barrel I think I could have had a cloverleaf. Easily.

Now I am extremely pleased. All I've read in here is how Remington's quality is horrible and their new trigger is worse then the old and on and on. I'll tell you what. This is one fine shooting rifle. And for $599 with a $40 rebate. I doubt a Savage could beat this.
Nice!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE Remington they're accurate & dependable! My 30-06 & my 243 will cloverleaf with a cool barrel. My buddy bought a brand new Rem. 700 XCR in 7mm Rem Mag I helped him sight it in and its a shooter and will do great on the cutovers & powerlines on our club. Kinda jealous of him LoL.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't know if the SPS (cheapo) series of Remington 700's would be any good compared to the better models in regard to accuracy. Now I believe they are. I wanted the camo stock with the all black action. I thought it looked cool.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your .270 looks identical to my .243 I got mine like that because "it looks cool" LoL but thats a really nice rifle you have I feel sorry for any deer brave enough to walk out on you!!! haha
Old 04-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Good shooting, I have a remmy 700 in 30-06. It's about ten years old now, but shoots great too. I've never had any issues with mine. Looks like you made a good purchase.
-Jake
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice! It's always great to see range reports like that.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would expect nothing less. I don't care what anyone says about Remington, I have owned enough of them to base my opinion on my own experience. Until I own a bad one, I'll buy Remington with confidence.

Congrats on the new gun and the results you are having with it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.