Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Scope Question >

Scope Question

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope Question

Old 07-31-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Scope Question

I didn' t post this in the right forum the first time, so I did not get the response I was hoping for. I am sure that I will buy the base model savage in a .270 caliber. What scope should I get the Aetec, Busnell 3200, or the vx2? Also, on a side note I will most likely hunt some yotes in my free time and I do not reload, so should I maybe consider a smaller caliber?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scope Question

I would go with the Bushnell 3200 elite, as for caliber for yote' es and deer look at the 25-06 rem.I use one for both and like it.The 270 works if you don' t wan' t to save the pelts.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d go with the 3200 or the VXII. Don' t waste your money on the simmons. My personal preference are Leupolds because of the eye relief. The .270 should be fine for the occasional yote hunt I would think. You could probably shoot some 120' s or maybe find someone to load some smaller loads for you. .270 is a good all around cal., from yotes to elk, you should be happy
Old 07-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Uncle C, Go with the leupold VXII,Bushnell is just O.K.,and simmons is garbage.Have had all 3 and leupold is the only one that still is working.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take this from one who has wasted money, cheap scopes cost more than quality scopes in the long term, and even costs you more in missed game opportunities! Do it right the first time and get a Leupold!
Old 07-31-2003, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven' t had any problems with scopes yet, but if I had my choice they would all be Burris. As far as loading lighter bullets for the 270 Win I can probably help you out. Shoot me an email or give me a call.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:27 PM

It wouldn' t even be a question for me - Leupold all the way. I wouldn' t use a Bushnell on a deer rifle, period.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:58 PM

Leupold!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:41 PM

nikon! leupold is going to hell ! i have returned 3 scopes that would not hold adjusments and therse were on are dept 308 sniper rifles! and they eye relief changes at different power settings! the nikon doesnt it stays at 3.5 inches no matter what power you use! and the optics are much better! people get caught up in the name game too much yes i have a leupold that has lasted 10 years of a lot of shooting! and you cant compare scopes in the store they need to be outside in real light condtions! like dusk or dawn and cloudy days you need to compare them for yourselves alos the nikon has a better adjustment system than the leupold! hey go to there web sites and compare the systems for your self! and look at burris system as well less moving parts too! my money goes to burris and nikon! iam currently trying to get my dept switched to nikon! and when lives are on the line that says alot! alot of agenies have switched from leupold to u.s. optics, and nikon! and swarovski.! and the nikon is a bit better priced, now that said i still like some of leupolds stuff! but in the past few years i have not liked what i seen in the quality control!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:36 PM

!

Sorry, just wanted to get into the exclamation-point game. Seriously, though, Nikon is good glass as well, but my family owns at least six Leupolds - no issues. My family owns two Nikons - my rifle and my dad' s. My dad' s Nikon flares out in low-light conditions and is generally unacceptable. He went through their customer service, and got the run-around. Now, my Nikon works amazingly well, and I love the thing, but don' t get caught up in ' Leupold is going downhill' or ' All Nikons suck.' Both are quality glass, and you' ll find people with issues on both sides. For my money, I' ll go with a Leupold any day of the week. You have to convince me on the Nikon. That' s just me.

Quick Reply: Scope Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.