Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

first rifle

Old 07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-31-2003, 10:02 AM

Default RE: first rifle

DG - That is, in essence, what the " store policy" is. " All Firearms Sales are Final" is on a big sign behind the counter. To the individual' s credit who I' m working with, he told me that in this case he just couldn' t let it go at that, and is going to handle coordinating the repair/replacement with Ruger.

You' re right, though - I should know better than to go to a " superstore" like that (Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World) and buy a gun. I probably would have been better served by going to a small shop.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh my Gosh has Rugers Quality Controll gone down the tubes!!!!! Funny how nobody has jumped all over this one yet, oh wait a minute mom is the word unless it is " Remington" ![8D]

Sorry to hear about the problems Griz with the new gun, hope they get her ironed out quickly for ya. I can' t understand why a rifle never fired or just purchased can not be exchanged, it would seem to me anybody who had a similar experience or even someone buying a gift for a family member, etc would not want to be dealing at this store. I have always said I will gladly pay more to get better service, the same has happened here we have a superstore with super losers working it, they take more of my time with screw ups, not knowing what they are doing, etc it just ain' t worth it anymore. I now buy as much as I can at the smaller stores and have been orderly a lot of stuff via mail as selection is limited in the smaller places, never had a problem with returns, etc. (of course it is advisable to find out what their return policy is before placing an order) You something else I like about the small shops, they will order you in something if you ask for it...the superstore won' t because they have their inventory or prices set up based on their big bulk purchase deals..what you see is what you get and don' t ask me for anything else.[X(][:@][:@][&:]

Anyhew, good luck with your new Ruger and have fun!
Old 07-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aw come on now Skeeter, you know that we are all " equal opportunity" gun bashers here! Theres just nothing that comes to mind as being as bad as a Remington 710 or 597 these days!
One bad Ruger doesn' t spoil the whole barrel though!
Remember, all guns and optics are made by humans! You can get a bad Ruger, Savage, even a bad Leupold or Zeiss! You are just not nearly as likely to get a bad one because of better materials, workmanship and quality control!
As far as the Remingtons I mentioned, to make something as consistantly that BAD, takes a concious effort to cheapen your product to make more $$$$$!
Which sadly, too many businesses have decided to do in recent times!
Hang in there Grizzly, Ruger is still a good company, I' m sure you will get your gun repaired or replaced soon. I know its just aggravating to have to wait!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish you better luck with your new gun.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

GB that is a rarity and have nothing but good luck with Rugers...now if they get it they will turn it around fast, I sent a used number 1 in for service last year this time and it was back in 2 weeks...for the Remington lovers that revel in this...my last custom KS would not even extract a shell after being fired once and was shipped like that from the so-called " CUSTOM SHOP" i got it back 3 months later...hows that for service. I am going on a 30% failure rate on Remingtons with all kinds of problems with them...maybe I' m just lucky.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That matches my experience with Ruger.....BS...that happened to me three times in a row!!!!!...there' s not a single Ruger in my house anymore
Old 08-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger will correct the problem, It' s a shame the way products slip through Quality Control.You figure the Millions of guns produced yearly it' s such a small percentage with problems. I hope you get it back soon.I' ve waited two months to get a Ruger Back before the same with Browning.
Vapodog you have had your share of problems haven' t you?All makes and models will have a bad one slip through on occasions.Maybe Ruger had your name on thise guns LOL.Until the customers come first these problems will continue to happen. Most stores selling firearms have a sign saying all firearms sales are final.It' s not just BassPro' s policy.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 08-02-2003, 11:55 AM

I am begining to wonder if Ruger is headed down the same path as Remington with certain models of their firearms.[:' (]
Old 08-02-2003, 08:59 PM

Grizz,

I said I' d NEVER do it, but Walmart had a Remington 700 ADL Synthetic in .243 reduced for $293. With the regular price being $380, I HAD to buy it. I scoped it with a Simmons 4.5 X 14 X40.

I had a similar experience. I got to the range, cycled the first round and it was very tight. Without shooting, I ejected the cartriage and it was deeply scratched in two spots. I reloaded and fired. I sighted it in and it shoots better than my two other big game rifles (.75 inches at 100 yards). I never had it serviced. I' ve shot about 100 rounds out of it and the scratching had faded to the point where I don' t even notice it. I use it for varmits at ranges of 250+ and am thinking about using it on deer in NC.

Hopefully when you get it back it' ll be problem free.

Quick Reply: first rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.