Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Question on leupold scopes. >

Question on leupold scopes.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question on leupold scopes.

Old 07-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question on leupold scopes.

I can get a vari-x 1 for $199.00 at cabelas in the 3X9X40 or the vari-x two for $269.00. My question is this. Am i going to notice 69 dollars of difference between the two or should i just buy the cheaper one?
Old 07-30-2003, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question on leupold scopes.

Thats like saying will I notice the difference between a $ 39.95 Tasco and a $199.95 Leupold . You get what you pay for and the difference between the two would be the quality built into the scope . The bottom line is they will both work so the decision is up to you as to what you want in shooting equipment . Have a good day Halcon
Old 07-30-2003, 12:46 AM

I think the short version of what halcon was trying to say is, YES, you will see the difference between the two. You buy better scopes for one reason only (after you find a consistent one that will hit where you want it to, of course) - low light conditions. The difference is remarkable, believe me. The difference when you go up the line even further is amazing, too, for the record.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everyone else, don' t cut corners when it comes to optics. You will see a difference so go ahead and spend the extra money and you won' t regret it.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:00 AM

I didn' t think there was any difference in the actual lenses of the I and II. I thought it was mostly in the windage and elevation adjustment. Since everyone is telling you to spend more money, why not buy the III? I' d say it depends upon your budget and what you feel comfortable spending. I' m sure the I will offer great performance and should last a lifetime. I' ve got several of the older II' s that I believe are the same as the new I. I couldn' t be happier with them.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:03 AM

You will notice a difference in the clarity and brightness. Also, the VX-I has friction adjustments, where the VX-II has " click" adjustments. This will allow you to be more accurate and consistent. The VX-II' s have multicoat 4 on external lenses, which is the same coatings on the Vari-X III' s.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]
Old 07-30-2003, 07:28 AM

I was aware of the click adjustment differences, but didn' t know about the lens coating. The 3-9 I sells for $175.00 here and the 3-9II is $250.00.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:57 AM

There is no difference in the " quality" of the product - both are built to the same quality standards. Both have Leupold' s lifetime transferrable warranty There also were no corners cut for the VXI. The VXI is the old Vari X II scope. The VXII is the same scope as the VXI with 1/4 MOA click adjustments and MC4 coatings on all external lens surfaces. The lens coatings give the VXII a considerable difference in brightness and the ability to handle glare when compared to the VXI.

I think the extra money is well spent personally.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:58 PM

i bought a varixIII 3.5X10 MANY YEARS AGO and it is mounted on a weatherby 30-06 vanguard that i bought in 1970.since sighting it in at 200 yds. i have not had to move it since!and yes ,i normally take my limit each year.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Spend the extra money and you' ll be happy you did!!! The click adjustments alone are worth the extra money, a poor tracking scope is a nightmare to sight in and it will save you in spent shells (to help pay for the difference). Not to mention clarity and brightness are 2 areas we strive for, they will turn a good scope into a great scope in the eye of the beholder!

I always say cheaper to pay more now, then buy another later!

Quick Reply: Question on leupold scopes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.