Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Boughtg my first pistol the other day?????? >

Boughtg my first pistol the other day??????

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Boughtg my first pistol the other day??????

Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

@ Bigtim, I guess I flew off the handle at you there. Sorry about that. It isnt like me to do that. We all have our bad days. On a side note,I have decided to go "all in" with the Walther. I was going to buy just one mag. for it. I couldn't find any around here. I looked on line but the picture didn't match the description. I was worried about getting the wrong magazine.I called Walther and they didn't have any either. He said Midway Usa got the last 50 yesterday. I went to their site and they were cheaper there than any other site anyway. They got fifty in yesterday . They are down to at least 48 now. I ordered two because they were so hard to find. Honestly, who make a pistol and sells it with just one mag.? I figure, if I do have problems, I will just keep after them until it is right.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Well,I've put 100 rounds through my PK380. I had no issues but my brother in-law had two FTE. I watched him shoot after the second one. I gave him a quick lesson about "limp wristing". He had no more problems. I had a great time and I want to get back out and do it again. Thanks to ALL for the input and encouragement.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

Update.......... My brand new Walther PK380 is now on its way back to Walther. I took it out this morning. I was the only one firing the gun. I fired 99 shots with 12 FTE. I took it back to the gun shop [still dirty] and they are sending it back to S&W /Walther for repairs. I knew this was a possibility. I'm not angry[ unless they don't make it right]. I just want the gun I bought to be in good working order. I found a couple reviews on line that discussed the failure to eject problems. Went into this with my eyes open. I will let you all know what happens.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

12/99 is not acceptable. I hope they can fix it for you.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the Walther's I've had experience with, I ended up buying an extra (or two) action springs and cutting off a few coils to lighten the springs. Typically over time, once the action is broken in, FTE's will stop, but until then, it's very frustrating. I take out the original springs to keep them safe, then trim off a few coils from the new spring and install it into the pistol.

Usually that alleviates the FTE problem, even in a brand new, stiff pistol.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion, I'd trade it in for a Glock.