Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
What makes it a better rifle? >

What makes it a better rifle?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What makes it a better rifle?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by fritz1
What happened? You got banned and came back as Larry? LOL!
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! WOW
Old 03-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 462x0
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! WOW
your welcome, vtgao!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Materials used, manufacturing process, fit and finish, Over all quality, etc...

Comparing these two rifles.
Stocks -
Winchester is a solid fiber glass, aramid, and graphite filled stock with aluminum bedding block, aluminium reinforced wrist, with a Pachmayr decelerator recoil pad and epoxy gel coat. The tikka stock is injection molded polymer with a hard rubber recoil pad.

Receiver -
*Winchesters actions are sized to the length of the cartridge. Tikka is one size fits all.
*Winchester has a controled round feed bolt and claw extractor. Tikka is a push feed bolt. *Winchester has a coned breech face. Tikka has a 90 degree bolt face.
*Winchesters safety is vastly superior to any safety currently on any other bolt action rifle.
*Winchesters bottom metal is real metal. Tikka's is polymer.
*Winchester has an integrated recoil lug machined into the receiver. Tikka's recoil lug is a piece of metal pressed into the stock that fits a slot milled into the receiver.

Just to name a few.

Comparing these two rifles is like comparing a bottle of fine wine with a some Boons Farm you get from the grocery store.

Have you ever heard the term "that's it in a nutshell"?? Great post bigbulls!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
your welcome, vtgao!
X2

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 03-11-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stocks -
Winchester is a solid fiber glass, aramid, and graphite filled stock with aluminum bedding block, aluminium reinforced wrist, with a Pachmayr decelerator recoil pad and epoxy gel coat. The tikka stock is injection molded polymer with a hard rubber recoil pad.

Receiver -
*Winchesters actions are sized to the length of the cartridge. Tikka is one size fits all.
*Winchester has a controled round feed bolt and claw extractor. Tikka is a push feed bolt. *Winchester has a coned breech face. Tikka has a 90 degree bolt face.
*Winchesters safety is vastly superior to any safety currently on any other bolt action rifle.
*Winchester has an integrated recoil lug machined into the receiver. Tikka's recoil lug is a piece of metal pressed into the stock that fits a slot milled into the receiver.

Just to name a few.

Comparing these two rifles is like comparing a bottle of fine wine with a some Boons Farm you get from the grocery store.

Thanks BB that about sums it up.I've always believed that you get what you pay for.

Thanks for an informative post.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Educate me,what makes on rifle better than another ?
For example Winchester Model 70 vs Ruger m77 vs Remington 700 vs Tikka T3 ect...ect...ect...........

The internet.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Spike

Default What makes one rifle BETTER than another?

IMHO Personal experience and Taste!
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
The internet.
LOL!! Aint that the truth!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best thing to do is go to a Gun Shop and check out the different Rifles available,I really like the looks and quality of the Browning Rifles,they are well made and perform nicely,my Browning A-bolt Hunter in a .243 is a great looking and shooting Rifle.I also bought a new Savage Model 11 GCNS 7mm-08 with the wood stock in a bolt-action...its a great looking Rifle and is made very good,I like the Accu-trigger and its a very well made gun.

If I had more money I would like to get a Kimber Rifle,A Weatherby,a Wichester and the Tikka that was mentioned earlier....I'm thinking the next Rifle on my list is going to be a CZ-USA American in a .204 for Predators and Varmints...I've got several nice Deer Rifles,just need to get something different in a smaller caliber that is fast and can reach out and put down a Coyote,Bobcat or Fox?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Stocks -

Receiver -

Just to name a few.

You got it BB.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.