Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

indiana resident buying a long gun out of state

Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default indiana resident buying a long gun out of state

Can a indiana resident buy a long gun, be it a 10/22 or ak47 in florida from a ffl while on vacation
Old 03-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Can a indiana resident buy a long gun, be it a 10/22 or ak47 in florida from a ffl while on vacation
I used to live in Orlando and buy all my guns from "Shoot Straight", in Apopka. Unless the laws have changed since I moved, you have to be a resident in the State of Florida, with a Florida I.D. or drivers lisences to purchase a firearm there.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

In order to buy a long gun in Florida, the state that you reside in must allow you, or not prohibit you, from purchasing a firearm out of state, except for bordering states (AL and GA). Many states will only allow their residents to purchase in bordering states, some do not prohibit their residents from purchasing long guns in another states.

Go here to see if Indiana allows its residents to purchase long guns out of state.
http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire.../29th-edition/

If you have dual residency (you or your parents (If you are still considered a dependent) own a house in Florida and Indiana and actually live half the year here and half there) you can buy a long gun or hand gun in Florida.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have bought long guns in different states many times. I've bought them in Cincinnati OH, Georgia,FL. I'm now living in NC and recently bought a rifle from my dealer back home in FL. All legal. If you go into W*M they have a map of the USA and the green states they can sell it to resdients from other states. Red is a restricted state. I'm sure if you research federal laws it says a non resident can buy a long gun in any state. I was also told that by a dealer with many years experience in the gun business.

Handguns YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THAT STATE
Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

You will have to have the out of state gun dealer ship the gun to a Florida ffl holder. Then the Florida ffl holder will have to register the gun to you. If you buy from a private owner you pay take the gun and go and forget about it. Jim
Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

right, but a florida fll can just do the transfer on me right.
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
You will have to have the out of state gun dealer ship the gun to a Florida ffl holder. Then the Florida ffl holder will have to register the gun to you. If you buy from a private owner you pay take the gun and go and forget about it. Jim
Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

what if you rent a place in florida, I did not see on the law link you gave me about out of state sales
Originally Posted by bigbulls
In order to buy a long gun in Florida, the state that you reside in must allow you, or not prohibit you, from purchasing a firearm out of state, except for bordering states (AL and GA). Many states will only allow their residents to purchase in bordering states, some do not prohibit their residents from purchasing long guns in another states.

Go here to see if Indiana allows its residents to purchase long guns out of state.
http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire.../29th-edition/

If you have dual residency (you or your parents (If you are still considered a dependent) own a house in Florida and Indiana and actually live half the year here and half there) you can buy a long gun or hand gun in Florida.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking handgun for some reason, I dont know about long guns and out of state purchases.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I never heard of any long gun restrictions as to buying from other states.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never heard of any long gun restrictions as to buying from other states.
Here is Louisiana's law. I am posting LA because I already know that they can not purchase in FL.

Part III. Purchase of Rifles and Shotguns
1801. Declaration of policy It is declared
that it is in the public interest to authorize residents of this state to purchase or otherwise obtain rifles and shotguns or ammunition in states
contiguous to this state in compliance with such
other laws of this state or its political subdivisions as may be applicable and in compliance
with Section 102 of the Gun Control Act of 1968,
Public Law 90-618, 18 U.S.C. 921 et seq. and
it is the declared intention of this state that the
sale of shotguns and rifles and the sale of ammunition in this state to residents of adjacent
states is hereby authorized pursuant to regulations issued under the Gun Control Act of 1968.
1802. Definitions As used in this Part:
(1) "A state contiguous to this state" shall
mean any state having a common border with
this state.
(2) All other terms shall be given the meaning
prescribed in 18 U.S.C. 921 (the Gun Control
Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618) and the regulations duly promulgated thereunder as presently enacted or promulgated and as hereafter
modified.
1803. Purchase of rifle or shotgun or ammunition It shall be lawful for any person residing in this state, including any corporation or other business entity maintaining a place of business in this state, to purchase or otherwise obtain a rifle or shotgun or ammunition in any state
which is contiguous to this state and to receive
or transport such rifle or shotgun or ammunition
into this state and to permit any person residing
in a contiguous state to purchase shotguns,
rifles or ammunition in this state and to receive
or transport such rifles, shotguns or ammunition
in this state

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.