Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Sako A7 Tecomate?? >

Sako A7 Tecomate??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako A7 Tecomate??

Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like David Morris will be taking home a piece of the action. I thought most of the folks on this site hated that guy... At least, they do over in the deer hunting and bowhunting forums...
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just can't love the 85. Untill they add a decent recoil lug, I will only buy sako 75's. I have no idea what they were thinking with the 85.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Sako A7 .300 WM and A7 .270 Win. Both are tack drivers with quality scope / rings on them.
The only issue I had with the .300 WM was the original magazine tolerances weren't holding nickel plated brass ammo consistently and had some shell pop out as I inserted the mag and/or cycled the bolt. However, I sent it back to Beretta/Sako and they are replacing the mag. Another factory mag I bought didn't have that problem.
Nothing but great shooting, smooth actions, fine workmanship on the parts. I have the synthetic stock and SS. I don't get hung up on synthetic looks like some. It's the accuracy, durability and pretty darn good price.