Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
remington/marlin >

remington/marlin

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington/marlin

Old 02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default remington/marlin

Does remington own marlin? Read on another site they do.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Sorta. They were aquired by a parent investment group. Seems Remington has control of Marlin.

Last edited by bigcountryextreme; 02-22-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes that is correct and they are screwing up big time.

Tom
Old 02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

So is marlin still in production?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by statjunk

Tom
You know you say that, but I can't find anything that shows that. Just got a 45-70XLR and its much better than my 15 year old 1895G. Well, it shoots better.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
You know you say that, but I can't find anything that shows that. Just got a 45-70XLR and its much better than my 15 year old 1895G. Well, it shoots better.
No-way!!! Every one I have seen since Rem aquired Marlin , have very obvious flaws and read what Marlin owners have to say about them on (marlinowners.net). Rem will NEVER be able to make the gun Marlin made. Also compare apples to apples, as far as ammo and models. Your 1895G is a better made firearm by far. I call it like I see it, check it out on the net.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
So is marlin still in production?
No, Rem has a stamp on the barrel and all Marlin employees were layed off.Remington is now making them.

Last edited by mr.mc54; 02-22-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
No-way!!! Every one I have seen since Rem aquired Marlin , have very obvious flaws and read what Marlin owners have to say about them on (marlinowners.net). Rem will NEVER be able to make the gun Marlin made. Also compare apples to apples, as far as ammo and models. Your 1895G is a better made firearm by far. I call it like I see it, check it out on the net.

Believe me, I was worried about buying one over the marlin forum complaints.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
I agree 1000%, I have a old Marlin Guide gun 1895G produced when they first came out , blued with the Mag Na Port, it is no where even in the same class as the new 1895Gs that I bought about 8 months ago. Fit, finnish, and accuracy is way better, believe what you want I have both and I will tell you the Remington one totaly out classes the old Marlin. You can believe what the idiots on forums are posting but I have two to compare in my hand and on the range. They are not even in the same catagory. As a matter of fact over the years I have owned three 1895 45-70 Marlins and a 1895 G all made by marlin, none hold a candle to my new "Remington" made 1895GS.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk

Tom
If any of you Remington haters have any Remingtons you want to sell, let me know. I know you will sell them cheap because they are all crap!

You guys spewing this nonsense are cracking me up and making yourselves look just plain stupid. If you want to complain about Remington, make it a legit complaint. I'll list mine below.

1. It pisses me off when I buy a new 700 and I have to have it pillar bedded and the barrel floated. They should do it at the factory.

2. It pisses me off that I have to have a trigger job done on a new 700. They should make them better from the factory.

These are legit complaints. You guys are just blowing smoke and I'm starting to think you need some MIDOL. LMFAO!

I would like to add that, after pillar bedding, floating and a trigger job.....I have a rifle that shoots almost as good (if not as good)as a custom build. The tiny improvement that a custom build gives you will never improve my hunting at all.

I love my 700's. I also love all the many other brands of rifles I own, have owned, and will own in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.