Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Taurus Pt92

Old 02-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

Default Taurus Pt92

whats the take on these pistols? i have someone wanting to trade me a brand new one for my muzzle loader.

I am not sure if its the 9mm or what but its the stainless steel version.

reviews look good and they say most parts will swap out with the beretta 92.

Good pistol?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Big, Heavy, not good for CC, but just for shooting? Sure, why not. I guess it'd depend on how much your ML is worth to you. The one that I shot shot really well. It was heavy enough that the recoil was very soft. Good accuracy. Punched the center out of the target at around 20 feet. Hope that helps.
-Jake
Old 02-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have two Taurus', a Mil-Pro and a PT-1911. Taurus makes good guns. Some purists look down on them, but the PT-1911 shoots as good or better than some guns costing twice what the PT-1911 costs. No, its not a 2-3000 $$$ gun, but then it doesn't cost 2-3000 $$$ either! If the PT-92 is as good as the PT-1911, its a darn good gun, probably my next purchase.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had one years ago. The 92 is a 9mm. They were made in Brazil on Berretta machinery. The mag's at least were interchangable. Good, solid, accurate, reliable pistol. The trigger pull on the one I had was a little heavy for me. Once you got past that, it was a very good pistol. It had an old style safety. You could carry it ****ed and locked or with the hammer down.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have mixed feelings on them. I like some of Taurus's guns, as they make some nice ones. The problem I have with them is the horrible customer service, and after having friends that have had to deal with their customer service it's made me realize I don't even want a Taurus because if I ever have a problem I want a company that will make repair hassle free. Rugers are similar priced, and offer a lot better customer service. If you get a good Taurus, it will probably be great. If you don't get a good one, you minus well just trade it in on something else instead of ever trying to deal with their customer service. There are lots of other companies in the same price range that offer awesome customer service, so I'd rather go with one of those. This is the reason most people seem to look down on Taurus.