Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

silencers

Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default silencers

how much of a problem is it to purchase a silencer, i would like to set up a rifle for hunting hogs at night, and have the capability of putting on a silencer
Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hoghunter59
how much of a problem is it to purchase a silencer, i would like to set up a rifle for hunting hogs at night, and have the capability of putting on a silencer
Purchase the tax stamp. Go thru the ATFs procedures. Wait about 5 months or less. Find someone to make you one.

But remember, they are not that effective unless you stay subsonic.

I myself want to put together a 300whisper for the job.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might also check your state game laws to see if they allow it.

My BIL use to be a class III dealer selling automatic weapons and suppressors (silencers) to law enforcement. Private individuals are $600 per transaction, if I remember correctly.

Like bigcountryextreme said, for quietness, stay subsonic, otherwise you have an expensive flash suppressor. I've shot SIONICS suppressors on M-16s and they aren't very effective except for muzzle flash.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are a resident and live in Montana, its not a problem, you can buy them over the counter, just like buying a firearm. Last I heard anyone that can leaglly buy a firearm and lives in the state of Montana can legally own one, you cant however take it out of the state. I dont know how true this is, just what I have been told, I have never lived in Montana but have lots of friends there.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fritz1
If you are a resident and live in Montana, its not a problem, you can buy them over the counter, just like buying a firearm. Last I heard anyone that can leaglly buy a firearm and lives in the state of Montana can legally own one, you cant however take it out of the state. I dont know how true this is, just what I have been told, I have never lived in Montana but have lots of friends there.
You can own one in just about any state. But ATF rules apply, no matter where.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
You can own one in just about any state. But ATF rules apply, no matter where.
NOPE! you might want to check this out.

http://zealfortruth.org/2009/05/mont...r-accessories/
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/montana.asp

Last edited by fritz1; 02-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Banned

NOPE! you might want to check this out.

http://zealfortruth.org/2009/05/mont...r-accessories/
They can defy them all they want, same as the potheads in California. But anytime they want, ATF can march on in and charge you for a federal crime under federal courts.

Try getting a security clearance pulling that crap. You won't.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Hey duffis you might want to read your own post. REad the bottom of the snope. As it clearly lays out. It will probably be struck down by Sepreme court.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
Hey duffis you might want to read your own post. REad the bottom of the snope. As it clearly lays out. It will probably be struck down by Sepreme court.
Yeah that was years ago, It wasnt. Just like the marijuana laws in California and in Washington state.

Here you migh want to read this one, Know it all!
http://www.panamalaw.org/montana_gov...w_gun_law.html

Last edited by fritz1; 02-06-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fritz I don't even know why you're arguing the point about Montana in the 1st place. The original poster clearly lives in Oklahoma. Look to the left and you can see where somebody is from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.