Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter...Regular or Bisley grip? >

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter...Regular or Bisley grip?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter...Regular or Bisley grip?

Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter...Regular or Bisley grip?

I've decided I would like to buy a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter.
Looks like a super strong .44 mag. hunting revolver.

I've handled the model with the regular grip quit a bit. It feels....ok. I tend to grip the revolver a little high, and have to adjust my grip when ****ing it so the hammer spur doesn't bite me in the web of the hand.

The "Bisley" model looks to have a little longer grip to where the web of my hand might be lower.

Has anyone tried both of these grip styles?

Any pro's or con's?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot them both and like the regular grip for the more powerful cartridges. You might want to pose your question at RugerForum.com for some good feedback from the Ruger collectors.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a lot of each style and for me at least prefer the Bisley. many prefer it for the heavier recoiling loads - hence the reason the better gunsmiths use the Bisley configuration on their big bore stuff. It's a love it or hate it feel though. Some just cannot comfortably grip the Bisley styled grip. Just gotta find one and feel for yourself.
Easy enough to change the trigger, hammer and grip frame out later if you choose to.