Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
good by Remington >

good by Remington

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
HaHa you got me laughing as well. Cool thanks needed that..
Have no clue what that is..LOL..I even tried looking that spelling up.
Nothing I could find in English dictionary.
Ah I don't know what to say there Dude..
Good Call..
Thats funny though..Made my night. LOL
Until morning..
My names not John..LOL
But reguardless I'm not finished by ny means..
Hope your not either.
Jeff, you crack me up! Your a good dude!!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Nothing else in this threads matters until, John tells me what the heck a "hipoctate" is! If I'm a stinking "hipoctate" I need to know what one is. LMFAO!!!
It's " something that comes from the mouth before the head was made where the tail was meant to be".
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

When the inventor of such a prolific device comes forward with allegations that his own design is flawed, it can't be ignored.

I'm sure you'll all call bs but I know someone that had a factory 700 that would fire with movement of the safety. Remington promptly replaced the rifle. This was nearly 10 years ago now. I have always known about this issue and I've been telling people about it for some time.

You guys keep on defending. You're being foolish because you feel that you have stock. You really don't.

Tom
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky Dog..
Thanks for the compliment.
You defending Remington to the death is admirable.
If you owned that company would you have settled or would you have seen it through got a verdict. And if you wern't pleased appealed it?
What do you think Remington should do?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lucky Dog..
If you owned that company would you have settled or would you have seen it through got a verdict. And if you wern't pleased appealed it?

I see this fairly regularly. There is a cost analysis as to what it will cost to go to trial and the risk of a massive verdictl vs. what it will cost to settle. They even consider the judge's attributes (is he considered a plaintiff's judge?) as well as the political makeup of the jury pool. (For example, South Texas is renowned for having juries that give huge verdicts). And, it is often the insurance company and its underwriters/statisticians who call the shots, not the client.

I'm still convinced that the vast majority of these "accidents" were, in fact, negligent handling on the part of the owner ("MY FINGER NEVER TOUCHED THE TRIGGER!!!! HONEST!!!!"), or owners who adjusted or otherwise messed with the triggers without knowing what they were doing.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=statjunk;3784217]When the inventor of such a prolific device comes forward with allegations that his own design is flawed, it can't be ignored.I'm sure you'll all call bs but I know someone that had a factory 700 that would fire with movement of the safety. Remington promptly replaced the rifle. This was nearly 10 years ago now. I have always known about this issue and I've been telling people about it for some time.
You guys keep on defending. You're being foolish because you feel that you have stock. You really don't.
Tom[/QUOTE)

I disagree.. If you love something and feel it is of value and feel they are getting taken advantage of, you fight for it cause you believe in it..I'm only trying to point out reasons why people may feel the way they do.
You have your reasons, you've witness certain things and you are entitled to your opinion on them.But I believe people when they say they have no issues and they have have every right to feel they have stock in their rifles and are proud to own them.Some Rem owners may feel disappointed in the current production quality of the Rem now. They have every right to feel that way as well and bring their points to the table about these issues.
My favorite gun is a Husqvarna Rifle now, that they are out of business
I don't have a leg to stand on if an issue happened to those but I would defend them as much as I could cause am very pleased with mine.But before the went under, rumers have it they even declined in the way they were manufactured.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 03-09-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky Dog..
I think they should do what they are doing. I'm sure they have looked at this from every angle and they make their decisions on what makes the most financial sense. When it comes to those decisions you have to use your mind, not your heart.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky Dog..
Im not sure whats so hard to understand here. A company can settle out of court for a relatively small amount of $$$, or take their chances with a jury of people, who would probably be home watching jerry springer, if they werent serving jury duty. What would it even prove if they did? Even if they win, the media will still attack the firearms industry, and 75% of the public out there, will buy into it.

I also dont get why, if you dont buy into the CNBC BS, youre some kinda remington defender, like I could care less if remington sells another rifle ever, I just dont buy into the internet and media hype about poor quality ,and dangerous triggers. Call me whatever, but I believe in seeing it, before believing it.

On a final note, is there some sort of page limit on dumb threads or something? Why would someone who thinks there should be, keep posting in one?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
they may give ya a chainsaw for it
RR
I love my Husky chainsaw as well. But I've got a Stihl too..
Both are top notch.But Both have their good and bad points, so I bought both.Now I've got the perfect setup.LOL.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Banned

Default My 2-Cents, Ladies and Gents,

Originally Posted by fritz1
You can go to Cabelas right now and get any caliber Browning A bolt for $599, the same price as a Remington SPS S/S, Its $100 cheaper than a Ruger laminate. So yes Browning does have these fire sales where there guns are heavily discounted. Brownings make good guns, no doubt, but I would not go as far to say they are best made. I have read that alot of gunsmiths wont work on them, something to do with the threads on the barrels, I believe.
As far as Magazine "Gun Test", Who do you think pays these magazines to test and promote there rifles?, The gun Manufactors! When was the last time you read a bad review on any gun? Just my two cents, not trying to start a arguement, just giving you someone elses poit of view.
Fritz1,

Hope you are still following this thread, sorry it took so long to reply, been busy and on vacation.

First point, a fire sale means heavily discounted, not offered at the original asking price. Don't pay any attention to MSRP for firearms, all firearm Mfrs have pie in the sky MSRPs listed in their catalogs / websites, my experience/opinion.

And for your information, caliber ( or should I be pre-corrected by stating "cartridge choice", just so we don't startup that nonsense argument with the English majors that enjoy this site ) usually does not affect a given mfg/model/finish prices unless you are comparing a mag. to a non-mag. offering, example a 7mmRemMag and a 300WinMag are going to cost the same for the same make----> MFG/model/finish of firearm, ALMOST always.

The reason items are put on sale is to clear out inventory when that inventory is not moving at "normal" pricing levels. Or when you want to give your competition a hard time ( Cabelas vs. Walmart ). I am not making this up. In my experience as a gun dealer, I seldom found "Brownings" on sale, and when I would question my distributors the answer they would come back with is
Browning does not have to put their firearms on sale, their reputation sells the product.

You betray your shoot first, think later attitude by answering the "Gun-Tests" portion of my post.

Do some research before you fire up Ye'Ole keyboard..............Gun Tests does not take advertising.

And since they are pricey as far as subscriptions go >$25/year ( greater than Twenty-Five dollars per year, that's what all those symbols mean ), I seriously doubt that you have ever examined a single issue of GUN-Tests, or consumers reports, now have you?

Before responding to another post please know what you are talking about. No, forget that. Instead invite me to deer camp, I have a feeling I could make a lot of money off of someone like you!!! Wanna bet?

Best Regards, GAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.