Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
good by Remington >

good by Remington

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fritz1
Hometheaterman, you might want to check this pole, for some reason your beloved Vortex's didnt even make the poll. The clear winner here is Leuopld by a vast majority! It looks to me the perferd hunting set up by a large majority of the hunters happens to be a Remington topped off with a Leupold! No big surprise! Like I said earlier, wisdom comes in large polls of people, not from a couple of opinionated people that just cause they own something automatically think its the best. Here are the results, read them and weap, no Vortexs are even concidered.

Bushnell 214 14.44%
Leupold 600 40.49%
Simmons 86 5.80%
Tasco 46 3.10%
Zeiss 122 8.23%
Swaroski 76 5.13%
Redfield 34 2.29%
Weaver 26 1.75%
other 278 18.76%
He has never even owned one, he is just taking stuff seriously from other forums. Which makes me laugh.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
Marketing.
ever wonder why someone would pay 700.00 bucks for a break in half single shot.
Advertising.
True that.

I have to admit. Out of all the guns, the biggest gimic out there is T/C encore. In the end, you got a pokesalker for 7 bills with an action twice as weak as a bolt. Insane. Can't say much, I fell for it.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

This discussion is proof that you can find statistics to support any argument.

This type of argument cannot be solved by internet poll data. There's a reason why people choose they way they do and it's usually because it's all they know.

The 700 is more than an adequate rifle. Doesn't make it a great rifle. Doesn't make it without fault etc....

There is something to be said for when the designer of a rifle trigger speaks out about his own design being flawed and everyone just turns a blind eye...including Remington Inc.

Proof again folks don't want to admit they have made a mistake or been had or what ever.

Tom
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to think their model 700's were great rifles. Then I heard the designer (now retired) of that rifle admit that there has been a known problem with a certain % of these rifles safety mechanisms from nearly the start. When the safety is pushed of the rifle has fired without any pressure or even touching the trigger in a certain % of the rifles. No way to tell which might do this, until it happens. (I know, you've never had it happen with yours. But all it takes is a small % that do and a tragedy is just around the corner.)
It may be a small % of the rifles that have this problem. But I'd hate to end up with one that does. Remington's top Exec under tremendous pressure and evidence finally admitted in legal deposition that this is true. Their solution... a campaign to never point the rifle in a direction that might shoot someone. Duhhh! Of course, but you never want a firearm to discharge on it's own either!!
Remington never recalled the 700 models safety assemblies, because the cost to do so has gone from what would originally been a few cents parts + labor 40-50 years ago to several hundred $ per rifle now. Trying to cover up problems and hope no one notices never is the right choice.

Last edited by MinnFinn; 03-03-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MinnFinn
I used to think their model 700's were great rifles. Then I heard the designer (now retired) of that rifle admit that there has been a known problem with a certain % of these rifles safety mechanisms from nearly the start. When the safety is pushed of the rifle has fired without any pressure or even touching the trigger in a certain % of the rifles. No way to tell which might do this, until it happens. (I know, you've never had it happen with yours. But all it takes is a small % that do and a tragedy is just around the corner.)
It may be a small % of the rifles that have this problem. But I'd hate to end up with one that does. Remington's top Exec under tremendous pressure and evidence finally admitted in legal deposition that this is true. Their solution... a campaign to never point the rifle in a direction that might shoot someone. Duhhh! Of course, but you never want a firearm to discharge on it's own either!!
Remington never recalled the 700 models safety assemblies, because the cost to do so has gone from what would originally been a few cents parts + labor 40-50 years ago to several hundred $ per rifle now. Trying to cover up problems and hope no one notices never is the right choice.
This sounds totally believable??? I bet you can produce tons of links and news articles to back it up?? What did you say the guys name was? How much did he have to drink? How much did you have to drink? I call bull crap on this story!! LM*AO!!

Last edited by JW; 03-04-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
This sounds totally believable??? I bet you can produce tons of links and news articles to back it up?? What did you say the guys name was? How much did he have to drink? How much did you have to drink? I call bull crap on this story!! *********!!
I didn't watch it, but there was apparently a show on CNBC about this with these people being interviewed. So it's not like he just pulled it out of his ****.

Last edited by JW; 03-04-2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: language
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I didn't watch it, but there was apparently a show on CNBC about this with these people being interviewed. So it's not like he just pulled it out of his ass.
Maybe he pulled it out of your ***************

Last edited by JW; 03-04-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Poor language will get you in trouble - last warning
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

This so called safety problem has exisited for years, People have even sued Remington for it. If you make a product and sell a butt load of it, there is always going to be someone that trys and sue you. There will also be a precentage of product failures. There has to be. No product can be made perfect. I have owned a ton of their rifles and my friends have owned a ton of them, none of us have ever had a problem. Is there a tiny pecentage of them out there that has a problem, there has to be.

When someone does something stupid, like shooting their rifle accidently, the first thing they do is blame the product. This is where most of this BS comes from. It's human nature.

Remington has sold so many more rifles than any other manufacturer, they have to top the list of these so called product failures. It's a math thing.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:01 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Debate is Healthy ~ you guys get into a Flaming match is not! And watch your language!

JW
Old 03-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
Debate is Healthy ~ you guys get into a Flaming match is not! And watch your language!

JW
Heh heh heh, noted!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.