Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
good by Remington >

good by Remington

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Your tails wagging but you still barking!!LMFAO!
I'm not the one with the username "Luckydog". And I am thrilled that you are enjoying this thread, seems like you are infatuated with conflict.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CommonSense
I'm not the one with the username "Luckydog". And I am thrilled that you are enjoying this thread, seems like you are infatuated with conflict.
That's right, I am the LUCKYDOG!!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I am glad that you have found equipment that you like, but I honestly don't understand threads that trash-mouth another man's equipment."
Big Uncle

I own; Marlin, Browning, Benelli, Savage, Sako, Beretta, Stoeger, Ruger & Remington.

I must be one LUCKY guy - ALL mine seem to work well !!!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CommonSense
You brew the conflict, I just bask in the stupidity of it!!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

You brew the conflict, I just bask in the stupidity of it!!
Have a nice day.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not a fantatic "backer" of any brand rifle. I just bought a 700 SPS Buckmasters because I loved the camo stock and the all black action. It's smooth as silk, the trigger is the best of all the rifles I tried in the store and it's a very pretty gun. the bore is glass smooth. I checked it against all the other rifles; Tikka T3 (looked cheap), TC Venture and Icon (almost bought one of these), Weatherby Vanguard (horrible, gritty trigger), Browning X-Bolt and A-bolt, Winchester 70 (better then the pre-64's now), Sako A7 (black bolt shroud on a stainless bolt?) and the cheap Marlin and Mossberg bolts. Midwest Shooters Supply (Lomira, Wis) didn't have any Savages but I really don't like the looks of them anyway. I wanted to look at CZ's but none there either. The Remington 700 just stood out as more pleasing to my eye and the price was right (with the rebate) so I bought it. I just got the scope on it so will be shooting it soon and will report on results. I spend alot of time at the range and am an above average shot.

And poorer quality? Get used to it because everything you buy is not going to be like it was 20 years ago, cars, clothes, houses and food. The euro rifles are not going to still make them like the "old world" anymore either. Check out the new Sako 85's compared to the Finnbear. Not even close.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somebody should tell the butt load of deer, elk, hogs, coyotes, and all the other critters that I've killed in my life, how bad Remington is. I bet they would disagree with you!! This thread makes me laugh my ass off!!

this thread isnt about what works its about quality.
Ive killed more deer and hogs in the past 5 years with a .22 hornet in a single shot NEF than any of my other rifles.
Doesnt make it the best gun there is.
I,ll never own another remington, my first issue with them was some 10 years ago with an 870 with mat finish, absolutley the worst finish I have ever encountered, the thing rusted up as fast as you can say POS.
Then the years that folowed were strings of rems of mine and friends that wouldnt group, stuck cases and bolts hard to open using factory ammo. its too bad because they are nice looking guns. I just have no confidence in buying one anymore.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
this thread isnt about what works its about quality.
Ive killed more deer and hogs in the past 5 years with a .22 hornet in a single shot NEF than any of my other rifles.
Doesnt make it the best gun there is.
I,ll never own another remington, my first issue with them was some 10 years ago with an 870 with mat finish, absolutley the worst finish I have ever encountered, the thing rusted up as fast as you can say POS.
Then the years that folowed were strings of rems of mine and friends that wouldnt group, stuck cases and bolts hard to open using factory ammo. its too bad because they are nice looking guns. I just have no confidence in buying one anymore.
This thread isn't about quality, it's about you having an agenda against Remington. No big deal to me but it is what it is. I personaly have owned well over 30 Remington's and I have never had a problem with even one of them. I have owned a bunch of 870's and a bunch of 700's and will keep owning them in the future. Everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

I might add, I'm not just a Remington fan, I have owned and loved a Weatherby also.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

We'll be free for little while longer. So do as you wish.

Tom
Old 02-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk
We'll be free for little while longer. So do as you wish.

Tom
???????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.