HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Ruger P-series opiniions? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/33915-ruger-p-series-opiniions.html)

Nomercy 07-24-2003 05:49 PM

Ruger P-series opiniions?

Guess I' m just going to send a lot of money Ruger' s way tomorrow, getting a new vaquero and maybe a new P-series, but I' m not familiar with the quality of these pistols, they feel good, but I want some first hand info on them, any oipinions? I' m not sure what model exactly it' ll be, the cheapest .45acp, any gripes on any of them?

Ballistictip 07-24-2003 06:04 PM

RE: Ruger P-series opiniions?

I' ve owned a P series in .40 for about 8 years now. I would say it' s just as good if not better than some of the more expensive brands. Never had any problems and shot several thousand rounds through it. It' s very accurate and having large hands it' s comfortable as well.

GTBuzz 07-24-2003 08:07 PM

My only gripe is I don' t like the way they feel, but if they feel ok to you - then that would be of no concern. They have average accuracy. I don' t think Ruger has ever made anything that wasn' t durable.

They are rather large, so if you are going for concealment - there are better choices. For just all around target shooting or as a nightstand gun, it would be a fine choice.

aunsaber 07-24-2003 08:42 PM

To me ruger pistols and revolvers are like a Savage rifle.
You just can' t beat' em for the price.
I have owned every P series they make,except for the 40cal. and have never had a problem.
I also have two Vaqueros, they are great except for one problem. I have 45colts and Ruger doesn' t think the front of the cylinder needs to be as big as the bullet.
I reamed my and several other peoples out with a tool from Manson Reamers that I bought from Brownell' s. Accuracy improved on every one.
Do' nt know about the other caliber Vaqueros.

Ruger-Redhawk 07-25-2003 07:14 PM

I' ve never owned a Ruger " P" series. I have friends who do and they like them.As far as the Vaquero' s like all of Ruger' s Single Actions they are hard to beat.They can withstand heavy loads and hold up over thousands and thousands of rounds of punishment.Ruger makes very strong and reliable guns.You won' t go wrong buying a Ruger.
Ruger Redhawk

TScottW99 07-26-2003 06:37 AM

The Ruger' s P-Series is a very sturdy and reliable pistol. My only complaint is that they fell too bulky for me, but if it feels good to you then no problem ;) The Rugers are a workhorse and will eat anything you feed them.

Deerslayer_37 07-26-2003 12:28 PM

we got one, a 9mm. works awesome, shoots great. bought it from a police department. Has custom Pachmyr grips on it. Can' t beat it.

slayer

md hunter 07-26-2003 04:39 PM

I have a p-90 and the only problem I have had is with imported ammo, sometimes it misfires. I called Ruger and they sent me a new main spring, that helped some, but it still happens. Ruger wants me to send them the gun so they can fix it but I have not done it yet. So far they have been great to deal with. I shoot with a couple of other guys who have the same gun and they have no problems with any type of ammo. I do like the gun just need to send it back and get it fixxed