Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Since my other thread is gone... >

Since my other thread is gone...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Since my other thread is gone...

Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Since my other thread is gone...

Whats a better choice, Glock 26 or Kahr CW9 or PM9?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friend of mine just purchased a Kahr PM9 that has a FTE about every 5 rounds. Does this different brands of ammo and with hollow points and FMJ's. Has been doing this for over 200 rounds.

When it comes to a CCW pistol the Glocks are hard to beat. I carry one every day as a back up or when off duty.

Edited to add: Friends' pistol is a PM40, not the PM9.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 01-11-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Of those I like the glock. Me personly I like the keltec pf9 I carry mine daily. It's a 7+1 shot 9mm it's extremely accurate and reliable and cost less than what a glock or kahr do
Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

i got 3 glocks, so i might be bias, but they are better than my xd and xdm made by springfield....seems springfield totally took glocks design...that should tell ya something there.
i vote glock.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a G17, so I know Glock makes great reliable pistols. The 17 is just too big for daily carrying. I'm really liking the thinness of the Kahr for IWB carry...

My dealer quoted me $590/otd for a CW9...ouch!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have a G26 and love it. It's more accurate then my G23. I usually carry it with a G19 magazine that has a sleve on it and when I want to get compact, I use the G26 mags. I never had any issues with it and I also have a CT laser grip on it. It's not the prettiest gun but that wasn't why I bought it. If I had to replace it, I would check out all the single stacks.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you solid on 9mm Jeep? I have a PM40 and it's 1 awesome little gun. The poster that knows of the malfunctioning PM9 tell the owner he needs to send it back to the company-their customer service is excellent.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
Are you solid on 9mm Jeep? I have a PM40 and it's 1 awesome little gun. The poster that knows of the malfunctioning PM9 tell the owner he needs to send it back to the company-their customer service is excellent.
Yeah I'd like to stick with 9mm since I have a few thousand rounds of it

Plus that way I only need to bring one ammo can when I go shooting.

How's the size of the PM40? The CW seems pretty small, not sure how the PM would fit my hand...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Friend of mine just purchased a Kahr PM9 that has a FTE about every 5 rounds. Does this different brands of ammo and with hollow points and FMJ's. Has been doing this for over 200 rounds.

When it comes to a CCW pistol the Glocks are hard to beat. I carry one every day as a back up or when off duty.

This totally sucks, I have the Glock 26 and I don't really like it. It was my dad's before he passed, that's why I have it nor will I sell it. A good friend of mine has the Kahr CW9 that doesn't have any of VAhuntr's problems. I've never shot the PM9 but I really like the way it feels and it's smaller than the CW, but if it doesn't work everytime then it's worthless. I wouldn't hesitate to send it back for repair. Here in Florida I wear shorts and t-shirt year round so I wanted a small gun for everyday carry, but the Kahr was out of my budget. I wound up buying an LCP instead of the Kahr and it's never failed to operate properly in over 1,000 rounds. I've shot just about all types of ammo including reloads with my own cast bullets.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The PM series is TINY-especially in my hands. There's no free lunch when it comes to shooting tiny guns. The PM40 KICKS but the PM9 is a lot more well mannered.

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Yeah I'd like to stick with 9mm since I have a few thousand rounds of it

Plus that way I only need to bring one ammo can when I go shooting.

How's the size of the PM40? The CW seems pretty small, not sure how the PM would fit my hand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.