Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ruger barrel issues ?????? >

ruger barrel issues ??????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ruger barrel issues ??????

Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Jacob but what happened in your sitituation is more rare than it is normal.As you can see by this thread & others in the past a huge majority of Ruger owners are more than pleased with their rifles.

It's highly possible that you got a "lemon" it happens.Last week I called Ruger cause I had some questions about the M77.The customer service dept. was very helpful.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

I can beleive he got a bad rifle. That happens sometimes, altho it should be a VERY rare occurence. Its what he's saying about how RUger treated him. SOmething there doesnt line up. Could be anything from them not calling at all, to the shop owner being known for not being honest. Who knows. But if YOU called Ruger, I just cant imagine they wouldnt take care of you. They sent me a $30 part for free. Without having any proof or anything. I just told them what my 10/22 was doing, and they sent me the part I needed. And that was a gun that I bought used at a garage sale, not like they had to honor any warranty or like I bought it knew. They just took care of the problem.
-Jake
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jacob Garrett
I bought a brand new m77 about 5 years ago and it would do good to shoot a 12in 3 shot group at 100 yds! That thing shot horriable! Even the gun shop owner couldn't do any better out of his lead sled and we tried about every kind of ammo we could find. We tried 3 scopes and 2 sets of rings. The gun was just JUNK! Ruger would have no part of fixing anything about it without me having to pay to fix it. The gun was BRAND NEW! They have NO warranty on any gun they sell. After that experiance I promised them I would take every chance I got to let everyone know how sorry they are. They just don't care. Some of you may have found some good ones but when you get a piece of junk its on you. Ruger will not repair or replace them without you paying them MORE to fix THEIR screw ups!
There is no part of this story that is believable. If he did contact Ruger about something, his tone and far-fetched story probably did not help. Too bad that he did not have a real gunsmith check the rifle to have an explanation of the rifle's problems before taking up the quest of trashing Ruger whenever he can.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Ruger trashed themselves! I just tell what they did to me! Why should I have to pay a gunsmith to fix a brand new gun? The barrel may not have been seated right. Head space may have been way out of whack. Why do I care! They should have fixed it or sent me a new rifle to the gun shop! Its not a small gun shop either the shop usually has around 500 guns on their shelves any time you go there. The gun shop owner called ruger while I was standing in front of him. I called them and they would only say it was acceptable. The gun functioned fine. Shot like total crap! There was no way you could hunt with it. I thought Ruger was a honest reliable company or I wouldn't have dropped the cash for a new Ruger rifle. I got a nasty suprise! Thankfully I deal with a very good gunshop that takes care of their customers!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

What was Rugers definition of acceptable ? And what's your definition of total crap ?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Ruger isn't known for making a really accurate rifle. They are known for building rifle like a tank. I was expecting a rifle with decent ammo to shoot atleast a 2-2 1/2 inch group. i don't think thats too much to ask from any modern centerfire rifle. The Ruger I had you literally couldn't put 3 bullets in a paper plate at 100yds. with any ammo. The rifle functioned fine but what good does that do if it can't hit any where near where your aiming it. Ruger would never tell me what they considered acceptable. I guess if it throws a bullet out the barrel thats acceptable.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jacob, i'm throwing down the BS flag.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ruger isn't known for making a really accurate rifle. They are known for building rifle like a tank. I was expecting a rifle with decent ammo to shoot atleast a 2-2 1/2 inch group. i don't think thats too much to ask from any modern centerfire rifle. The Ruger I had you literally couldn't put 3 bullets in a paper plate at 100yds. with any ammo. The rifle functioned fine but what good does that do if it can't hit any where near where your aiming it. Ruger would never tell me what they considered acceptable. I guess if it throws a bullet out the barrel thats acceptable.
What did the dealer do with it? Turn around and sell it for a profit probably...
Old 01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know what he did with it. I assume he got them to take it back but I couldn't say for sure. He couldn't have made a profit on it. I would bet my last dollar that he wouldn't try to sell it as new to someone else. He gave me a full cash refund on it and I bought a new Remington from him with it.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know what he did with it. I assume he got them to take it back but I couldn't say for sure. He couldn't have made a profit on it. I would bet my last dollar that he wouldn't try to sell it as new to someone else. He gave me a full cash refund on it and I bought a new Remington from him with it.
It would behoove you to find out...you just may quit the Ruger bashing if they made right with it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.