Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ruger barrel issues ?????? >

ruger barrel issues ??????

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ruger barrel issues ??????

Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a brand new m77 about 5 years ago and it would do good to shoot a 12in 3 shot group at 100 yds! That thing shot horriable! Even the gun shop owner couldn't do any better out of his lead sled and we tried about every kind of ammo we could find. We tried 3 scopes and 2 sets of rings. The gun was just JUNK! Ruger would have no part of fixing anything about it without me having to pay to fix it. The gun was BRAND NEW! They have NO warranty on any gun they sell. After that experiance I promised them I would take every chance I got to let everyone know how sorry they are. They just don't care. Some of you may have found some good ones but when you get a piece of junk its on you. Ruger will not repair or replace them without you paying them MORE to fix THEIR screw ups!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jacob Garrett
I bought a brand new m77 about 5 years ago and it would do good to shoot a 12in 3 shot group at 100 yds! That thing shot horriable! Even the gun shop owner couldn't do any better out of his lead sled and we tried about every kind of ammo we could find. We tried 3 scopes and 2 sets of rings. The gun was just JUNK! Ruger would have no part of fixing anything about it without me having to pay to fix it. The gun was BRAND NEW! They have NO warranty on any gun they sell. After that experiance I promised them I would take every chance I got to let everyone know how sorry they are. They just don't care. Some of you may have found some good ones but when you get a piece of junk its on you. Ruger will not repair or replace them without you paying them MORE to fix THEIR screw ups!
Unbelievable story.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unbelievable story.
Unbelievable, indeed. Sounds like the guys gun dealer wasn't worth a crap.

Ruger has the best customer service in the industry. Have sent three guns that i bought used back to Ruger. There was no charge for fixing any of them. One was a Blackhawk that i dropped and broke the grip frame. Sent the gun to Ruger and they fixed it free of charge.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Uncle,any personal experience with Ruger?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'm calling Bull Crap on this. I had an issue with one of my Ruger 10/22s. Called Ruger up (did wait a while on hold) but when I finally got someone to talk to they shipped me the part I needed for free.

Also, Ridge Runners definition of accuracy may be different than what you're thinking(then again, maybe not). If I was looking for a hunting rifle, with acceptable hunting accuracy, a ruger would certainly be on the list of possibilities. I;ve shot one of their Ruger Compacts in.... 7mm-08 I believe, and it was a nice shooting rifle. My cousin takes deer with it every year.
-Jake
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Hey Uncle,any personal experience with Ruger?
I have had quite a bit of experience with M 77 rifles. I have them in calibers from .22 Hornet through .375 Ruger, and have never seen a bad one yet.
I don't think of them when I think of great benchrest target rifles, but they are excellent hunting rifles.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best untouched factory rifles I ever owned was an old tang safety 77R in .270 Win. That ol' girl would really lay 'em in there with Rem. factory ammo too, no less. One of my best friends' son owns it now.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait a minute!, I have to go get my hip wadders before I read anymore of this post.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Don't care if you Ruger fans believe it or not it happened! The gun shop called Ruger while I was standing in front of him then I called them myself. The gun was a m77 synthetic/stainless .270WSM . All they would say is that it had acceptable accuracy by their standards. I guess their standards are if it goes bang its acceptable! The gun shop gave me a full refund toward another rifle and said he would fight it out with Ruger. I will NEVER buy another Ruger rifle! I will also take every chance I get to tell anyone looking at one how they dealt with me on one of thier new rifles.

Last edited by Jacob Garrett; 01-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

We still don't believe you. But thanks for your input, thats what forums are all about.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.