HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   LowPriceGuns.com ... anyone ever use them? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/337548-lowpriceguns-com-anyone-ever-use-them.html)

PreacherTony 01-02-2011 06:20 PM

LowPriceGuns.com ... anyone ever use them?

They have a Ruger SuperBlackhawk I am interested in .....

fritz1 01-02-2011 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by PreacherTony (Post 3751824)

How much are they asking? I bought one a few months back from Snake River Arms, here in Idaho. It was the stainless version with a 7.5" barrel, after taxes and everything it was a little under $600 brand new.

PreacherTony 01-02-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by fritz1 (Post 3751837)
How much are they asking? I bought one a few months back from Snake River Arms, here in Idaho. It was the stainless version with a 7.5" barrel, after taxes and everything it was a little under $600 brand new.

Right around $580 ...thats with no tax .... I was wondering if they are reliable ....

fritz1 01-02-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by PreacherTony (Post 3751842)
Right around $580 ...thats with no tax .... I was wondering if they are reliable ....

Never used them but sounds like a pretty good deal.

bigbulls 01-02-2011 08:38 PM

Keep in mind when you buy a hand gun through the mail you will have about $30 shipping because it's going to be sent air and not regular ground. Then add to that the fee that your local FFL dealer is going to charge you for taking the time to accept the gun, log it in, do the 4473, log it out to you, and be responsible to the ATF for making sure it is done correctly.

It rarely is worth it to buy a new firearm through the mail. Buy it from your local gun shop.

You didn't mention which SBH you are looking at but I just looked up wholesale on a stainless 44 mag with a 7.5" bbl (#0804) and your local dealer should be able to sell it to you for $580 or less plus what ever your tax rate is.

PreacherTony 01-03-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3751912)
Keep in mind when you buy a hand gun through the mail you will have about $30 shipping because it's going to be sent air and not regular ground. Then add to that the fee that your local FFL dealer is going to charge you for taking the time to accept the gun, log it in, do the 4473, log it out to you, and be responsible to the ATF for making sure it is done correctly.

It rarely is worth it to buy a new firearm through the mail. Buy it from your local gun shop.

You didn't mention which SBH you are looking at but I just looked up wholesale on a stainless 44 mag with a 7.5" bbl (#0804) and your local dealer should be able to sell it to you for $580 or less plus what ever your tax rate is.

SBH Hunter in .44 mag .... thanks Big .... I am going tomorrow to the gun center and see what they will do .... I just hear they are pricks ;)

BigJ71 01-03-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by PreacherTony (Post 3752386)
SBH Hunter in .44 mag ....

Tony,

Sorry I can't help you with your purchase but I will tell you that the SBH Hunter is one fine revolver. I killed a nice buck this year with mine. Very accurate and virtually bullet proof (pun intended!)

PreacherTony 01-04-2011 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by BigJ71 (Post 3752432)
Tony,

Sorry I can't help you with your purchase but I will tell you that the SBH Hunter is one fine revolver. I killed a nice buck this year with mine. Very accurate and virtually bullet proof (pun intended!)

John, GREAT to hear from you, my friend!

That is the bad boy right there :) I was thinking of going with the Bisley handle, tho .. I cant wait to shoot it ... heck, I cant wait to own it! :D

PreacherTony 01-04-2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3751912)

The cheapest price I found locally was $599 ... then add $50+ tax to that .... I can order it thru GunForAll.com for $586 and not pay shipping or tax and the FFL dealer right down the street will only charge me $20 ....

RaySendero 01-04-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by PreacherTony (Post 3751824)
LowPriceGuns.com ... anyone ever use them?

I've never heard of LowPriceGuns.com, But will google them now.