Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
LowPriceGuns.com ... anyone ever use them? >

LowPriceGuns.com ... anyone ever use them?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default LowPriceGuns.com ... anyone ever use them?

They have a Ruger SuperBlackhawk I am interested in .....
Old 01-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PreacherTony
How much are they asking? I bought one a few months back from Snake River Arms, here in Idaho. It was the stainless version with a 7.5" barrel, after taxes and everything it was a little under $600 brand new.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
How much are they asking? I bought one a few months back from Snake River Arms, here in Idaho. It was the stainless version with a 7.5" barrel, after taxes and everything it was a little under $600 brand new.
Right around $580 ...thats with no tax .... I was wondering if they are reliable ....
Old 01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right around $580 ...thats with no tax .... I was wondering if they are reliable ....
Never used them but sounds like a pretty good deal.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Keep in mind when you buy a hand gun through the mail you will have about $30 shipping because it's going to be sent air and not regular ground. Then add to that the fee that your local FFL dealer is going to charge you for taking the time to accept the gun, log it in, do the 4473, log it out to you, and be responsible to the ATF for making sure it is done correctly.

It rarely is worth it to buy a new firearm through the mail. Buy it from your local gun shop.

You didn't mention which SBH you are looking at but I just looked up wholesale on a stainless 44 mag with a 7.5" bbl (#0804) and your local dealer should be able to sell it to you for $580 or less plus what ever your tax rate is.

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-02-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Keep in mind when you buy a hand gun through the mail you will have about $30 shipping because it's going to be sent air and not regular ground. Then add to that the fee that your local FFL dealer is going to charge you for taking the time to accept the gun, log it in, do the 4473, log it out to you, and be responsible to the ATF for making sure it is done correctly.

It rarely is worth it to buy a new firearm through the mail. Buy it from your local gun shop.

You didn't mention which SBH you are looking at but I just looked up wholesale on a stainless 44 mag with a 7.5" bbl (#0804) and your local dealer should be able to sell it to you for $580 or less plus what ever your tax rate is.

SBH Hunter in .44 mag .... thanks Big .... I am going tomorrow to the gun center and see what they will do .... I just hear they are pricks
Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Site Bouncer

SBH Hunter in .44 mag ....
Tony,

Sorry I can't help you with your purchase but I will tell you that the SBH Hunter is one fine revolver. I killed a nice buck this year with mine. Very accurate and virtually bullet proof (pun intended!)
Old 01-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigJ71
Tony,

Sorry I can't help you with your purchase but I will tell you that the SBH Hunter is one fine revolver. I killed a nice buck this year with mine. Very accurate and virtually bullet proof (pun intended!)
John, GREAT to hear from you, my friend!

That is the bad boy right there I was thinking of going with the Bisley handle, tho .. I cant wait to shoot it ... heck, I cant wait to own it!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigbulls

The cheapest price I found locally was $599 ... then add $50+ tax to that .... I can order it thru GunForAll.com for $586 and not pay shipping or tax and the FFL dealer right down the street will only charge me $20 ....
Old 01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

I've never heard of LowPriceGuns.com, But will google them now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.