Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Cost of 7mm08 Ammo >

Cost of 7mm08 Ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cost of 7mm08 Ammo

Old 01-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

jerry, do you know anyone that does reload? you could buy all the stuff to reload that caliber and have them reload for you if you trust them.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
jerry, do you know anyone that does reload? you could buy all the stuff to reload that caliber and have them reload for you if you trust them.
No Slim I dont but I'm gonna start doing it myself.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry ... For factory loads try www.natchezss.com.

The last time I checked with them they had the Rem Green 140 grain PSP for $24.95.. Probably it would be better to order more than one box to help offset the shipping/hazmat fees...

As far as them shipping to NY..I live upstate and I have ordered shotshells by the case and pistol ammo from them through the mail with no problem....

If you live downstate/Weschester Co. it might be different..That's a whole different world down there.....

Good luck..When you begin reloading, let me know..I can get you started in the right direction as far as powder choices and bullets are concerned..
Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

That's the whole reason i started reloading 12 years ago, that and the quality of ammo sucked.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The most I paid for my 7mm-08 shells was at a local Hardware Store..the prices was $29.00 + tax for Winchester 140 grain.I wasn't happy with that price but it was close to Deer Season and I didn't want to run around looking for them all over Town?I think the other price was around $24.00 for a box of 20 shells (Remington Brand).I have seen the .270 WSM shells sell for around $35.00-$40.00 per box of 20 but that price You gave was way too high in my opinion!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
I'm thinking this caliber is a perfect canidate for hand loading.

It is perfect... you can make some really sweet shooters!

Last I checked, you only have one 120gr offering factory loaded... and its not even a real premium bullet. Reloading is certainly no cheaper, but it is fun and rewarding.

As far as factory ammo goes... no such thing as a bargain cartridge anymore. .223 maybe... but what you'll find cheap will not be a serious deer round and its illegal in a lot of states anyway.

The 7-08 is less expensive than a lot of your standard belted mags, and really about the same price anymore as your .270 30/06 class stuff.

30/30 still seems to be the cheapest to me... but you will love the 7/08!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

$28 a box from Walmart for the Winchester silver box 140 gr.