Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
where can I still buy a remington 700 adl >

where can I still buy a remington 700 adl

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

where can I still buy a remington 700 adl

Old 12-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

Default where can I still buy a remington 700 adl

Is there somewhere that still sells the r700 adl new? I saw some on the academy website for 349.00 and I got really excited because Ive always wanted one but couldnt spend that much on them. I would order one from them but it says you can only buy them in stores and the closest academy to me is 5 hours away. Im in the market for a new rifle and was going to get the marlin xl7 in 3006 until I saw the adl in 3006 for the same price. I know they stopped making them and now have the sps but I cant afford that. If you guys have any answers thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

Here's my first and last experience with a Remington ADL. I bought a new 300 win mag at benefit Auction in a Rem ADL. One of the worst kicking rifles I've ever shot next was a Winchester 70 Synthetic a friend had. They are punishing. I didn't like the sloppy bolt and the trigger pull wasn't all that great. I know Remington makes some decent stuff but I shoot 300 win mags and it sure isn't a ADL and it has half the recoil too. So I'm thinking your 30-06 will have the same extra recoil that's not needed. Save up and buy a better rifle.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
Here's my first and last experience with a Remington ADL. I bought a new 300 win mag at benefit Auction in a Rem ADL. One of the worst kicking rifles I've ever shot next was a Winchester 70 Synthetic a friend had. They are punishing. I didn't like the sloppy bolt and the trigger pull wasn't all that great. I know Remington makes some decent stuff but I shoot 300 win mags and it sure isn't a ADL and it has half the recoil too. So I'm thinking your 30-06 will have the same extra recoil that's not needed. Save up and buy a better rifle.
Yep! My 3006 ADL kicks like a mule.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro Shop, Dicks sporting goods, and some Wal-Marts carry them.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Dicks Sporting Goods has the Rem 700 ADL Varmint and the ADL SS on sale for $449 right now.
I bought two of the varmints in 308WIN last month, one for me, one for an Xmas present.
Amazingly accurate out of the box with cheap junk factory ammo.
Can't wait to see how it will do with handloads dialed in to it, topped with SMK's!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Try Gun Broker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

We got the wife one a couple years ago at W*M. It's a 270 ADL. I can't see where a 30-06 would have that much more recoil. The wife is average size and she shoots it like nothing. I've had the same rifle in 270 for 15 years and it's has put allot of meat on the table. Neither of ours have sloppy bolts, the triggers aren't bad for a production rifle and are very accurate.
I'd check W*M's and other places or watch gunsamerica. There still has to be some available.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

you can always put a mzl brake on it.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ruger-Redhawk
We got the wife one a couple years ago at W*M. It's a 270 ADL. I can't see where a 30-06 would have that much more recoil. The wife is average size and she shoots it like nothing. I've had the same rifle in 270 for 15 years and it's has put allot of meat on the table. Neither of ours have sloppy bolts, the triggers aren't bad for a production rifle and are very accurate.
I'd check W*M's and other places or watch gunsamerica. There still has to be some available.
Our Walmart had one a year and a half ago on clearance that was a very tempting price. However, after they sold that I've not seen anymore. Wouldn't hurt to check and see if your Walmart still has any left though. If not, I'd call around and see if any gun shops have any left.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

i bought a 700 ADL in synthetic in 30-06 two months ago at walmart for 397. SHoots very well. if you cant handle a little kick from a 30-06 you shouldnt be shooting a rifle IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.