Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
*Need help deciding on a .40* >

*Need help deciding on a .40*

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.
View Poll Results: Which .40 caliber pistol to get
Smith and Wesson M&P
42.11%
Ruger SR40
15.79%
Glock 22
42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

*Need help deciding on a .40*

Old 11-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Nice to see lots of positive feedback on the Glock 23 as that is what I have. It is about as big a gun as I could carry concealed. I do have a CCW permit but have only carried on the street a couple times. I do pack it when I am hunting for 2 and 4 legged threats.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not like the grip angle and cartridge case support of the Glock. Some guys love them others don't. The Glock is a fine defense pistol, but my preference would be the M&P.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my G27 for in my Veh and at home,but my CC is the G17(9mm),what can I say I like the 9mm....
Old 11-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

glock or second a glock or third a glock, as far as I am concern all I need is a glock, though I want a m9, a S&W rev, and a ruger p89dc(first gun I had and I want another) I want those but for defense give me a glock
Old 11-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

The majority of the law enforcement people I know carry a Glock 27 as their off duty concealed carry gun.
I've been fortunate to have the opportunities to shoot most of the Glock family, and admit I adore the 27, 30, and the 36. All are amazing, reliable, and easily concealable, though the 30 tends to pull my pants down a little if my belt isn't snugged up, which can be annoying.
All things considered, if I were in your shoes, I'd go with the Glock.
While all your choices are good guns, I prefer the Glock.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Spike

While not on the poll, I like the Glock 27 for carry. Nice and compact but still holds 9+1, and can accept mags from its' .40sw chambered brothers...

If you've got a range nearby that rents handguns it sure would be a good thing to do before committing. I can honestly say that the Glock 27 is the first Glock I ever handled that I really liked and knew right away I had to have one...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

i wouldn't buy any of those until i checked out the Springfield XD line of pistols. Trust me on that.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by semi
i wouldn't buy any of those until i checked out the Springfield XD line of pistols. Trust me on that.
Springfield does make good weapons as well, but for a self defesne gun a Glock ranks right up there in reliablility as a reolver and not any other Semi auto handguns can say that they have been proven as much as the Glock. Plus you dont get anymore simple then a glock and when it comes down to it simple is the best way if your life depends on it.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Spike

GLOCK...GLOCK....GLOCK....GLOCK.
If in doubt, GLOCK!! No contest here. The only competition in tupperware guns to a glock IMHO is the Xd. If you spend a few minutes with the glock compedium you can fully disassemble, fix, clean and repair anything on a glock short of a craked frame or slide. And I bet it will still shoot if it did suffer said failure. Ultimately glocks have a simple design, inherent safety, parts interchangeabilty and a huge cottage industry. They also by the way are as accurate as you can shoot them and have good capacity. For a home defense pistol a glock 22 with arrendondo +5 mags cant be beat, but a 23 or 27 with 22 mags to reload makes better sense for CCW
Old 12-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

i would want a 2340 sig or sw