Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
H&R Ultra Light Slug Hunter >

H&R Ultra Light Slug Hunter

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H&R Ultra Light Slug Hunter

Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default H&R Ultra Light Slug Hunter

I got the 20 Gauge Ultra Light Slug Hunter this past summer. Been shooting the Remington Copper Solids out of it with ok groups and Hornady SST's with ok groups, but looking for something that's better. I'm finding the SST's very different from lot to lot. To anyone who has shot this same gun (Ultra Light Slug Hunter), what ammo has shot best for you? I'm starting to think that I need to try the Remington accutips. Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

SSTs for my H&R, but FYI Hornady just changed the SST slugs
Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Typical Buck

What was changed with the SST's? Also, my gun is one of the new barrels from the Ilion Plant so it might shoot different when compared to any guns built at the Gardner Plant. Thanks again in advance!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default H&R slug hunter

I have tried several different slugs. Remington 3" accutips is the most accurate I have tried.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

2 3/4 Rem Accutips for me. I tried Winchester P Golds they were ok, Rem CoreLoks were bad, LightFields were good, but dropped like a rock. The Accutips were hands down the best grouping slug I've tried. but thats my gun.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

Hordany SST's shot the best out of the Buckhammers and Lightfield EXP's, but I am wanting to try the Remington Accutips next slug season. Every gun shoots differently though.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by midwestxpress
2 3/4 Rem Accutips for me. I tried Winchester P Golds they were ok, Rem CoreLoks were bad, LightFields were good, but dropped like a rock. The Accutips were hands down the best grouping slug I've tried. but thats my gun.
That is why i wont shoot them out of my USH 20 g zeroed in at 50 to get it close, shot at 100 and it was almost 8 inches low, gonna try accu-tips next heard alot of good things about them
Old 11-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

I shoot 2 3/4 accutips out of my USH and they perform amazingly.I have tried lightfields,copper solids,sst's and quite a few more and by far the accutips out perform any slug i have tried. I shot a buck last year at 148yds with my USH using accutips and it dropped him immediately. I could almost fit my fist through the exit hole. I strongly advise you to try them if you havent yet
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

i have never had lightfields drop that much at 100 witha 2" high at 50. they shoot great out of all my guns.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by outdoorsmen
i have never had lightfields drop that much at 100 witha 2" high at 50. they shoot great out of all my guns.
I have friends that love them and they shoot great thats why i was so surprised with the amount of drop i got