Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
satin finish wood stock, waterfowl? >

satin finish wood stock, waterfowl?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

satin finish wood stock, waterfowl?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default satin finish wood stock, waterfowl?

Ok so last week my stoeger 2000 fell apart, kept getting clicks with no bang and feeding problems with the 3rd shell. I also got back to the truck, went to unload it and realized the the bolt handled was gone! Im sure a good cleaning and a new bolt handle would fix the issues but its the middle of the season and Im going on a big hunt tomorrow, so I decided to play santa to myself a couple months early and bought myself a new browning silver hunter 12/3"/28". I really like the gun! Cleaned off all the factory lube, took it to my range today and popped off a few round just to see whats up. I used some different steel loads some 2oz turkey loads and some low brass target loads, about a dozen in all not much of a test but enough to let me know it goes bang without any feeding issues and tell me where the steels hittin at 35yds.

Oh yeah my point, I wouldve prefered a synthetic stock as this will mostly be used for ducks in flooded timber but this one has the "satin" walnut stock. the finish is decent on the out side but I did notice the inside of the fore end looks kinda rough and unfinished. will this be an issue if the gun gets wet? I was thinking of sanding the inside and sealing it with tru oil. what do you all think?

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 11-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.