HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Your right it is quiet so heres the question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/33220-your-right-quiet-so-heres-question.html)

bigcountry 07-14-2003 07:11 AM

Your right it is quiet so heres the question

Just for the sake of keeping everyone in the shootem mood while fishing season is in full swing. Got a ok deal on a 6-24X44mm Burris Signature scope with target turrets. Well on my target rifle, I bore scoped my orignal Leupold to get an idea where it hits so I can put it back to that when replacing the scope to the burris. Well before mounting the Leupold last year, I centered the reticles by going to the extreames making sure i have enough dynamic range. Had plenty.

Now I put this burris on, and I am at the max and can' t raise it further. I am always 4" low at 100 yards at max adjustment. Is this right? Called Burris, said to get the signature series rings and use the offsets. Thats fine and dandy, but I shouldn' t have too. They tell me that scope only has +/-11MOA elevation adjustement. Thats insane, I tell them, especially a scope with target turrets. My Leupold 4.5-14X50 has over 24MOA. So I have ordered the rings, and pray it works. Cause I only need 10MOA adjustment with this rifle. I shoot it 600 yards. Learned a few lessons. Man, I miss the eye relief of Leupold, and maybe saving 100 dollars on ebay isn' t worth it when talking about a precision hobby as long range shooting.

Pro-Line 07-14-2003 07:43 AM

RE: Your right it is quiet so heres the question

+/-11MOA...That' s horrible. I' ve put on many a scope that was off more than that at 100yds before bore-sighting.

I bought a Burris pistol scope for my S&W 22 last year. It was around $250. I took it home, put it on the 22, and hated it. The eye releif was odd for a handgun scope, and the objective was too small. Took it back and went with a higher-lever Simmons, ($150) and was much happier with it. Now I know Simmons doesn' t make the quality scope that Burris does for the most part...but I also think that Burris is WAY over priced. I find their scopes to be along the lines of the upper level Bushnells.....Nowhere near the Leopold' s......

bigcountry 07-14-2003 11:21 AM

I just decided to try something different. I am a little disappointed. If get the elevation adjusted so I have 15MOA upward adjusment, I will be happy.

BigEd 07-16-2003 10:04 AM

I don' t think Burris is what they used to be.
I had a 4-12x of theirs that was great but the 3-9x I got now went back to them once already and I' ve not been happy with the eye relief on it either.

woodseye 07-16-2003 11:48 AM

Only Burris I tried was such a disappointment I sent it right back without even mounting it.Very poor lens quality and brightness,every Burris thread you see on any of the forums has as many or more negative responses than good.11MOA is crazy and to need offset inserts to sight it in is pretty bad.According to specs at 100yds the 6x20 Conquest 1" tube has 45 MOA of adjustment
6.5x20 Leupold Vari X lll 1" tube has 44 MOA of adjustment
6x24 Burris Signature 1" tube has 22 MOA of adjustment.

Good Luck with your sighting in,hope it all works out for you.
woods

bigcountry 07-16-2003 12:10 PM

Think they trade alot of power for other things. Thats thier selling point. I will give it a shot. Sure do miss my Leupold on there.

eldeguello 07-18-2003 07:05 PM

A small adjustment range is one of the penalties you pay for the high magnification you got.