HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   FUSION .308 165 GR after effect WARNING VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/331005-fusion-308-165-gr-after-effect-warning-viewer-discretion-advised.html)

kelleno 10-01-2010 06:18 PM

FUSION .308 165 GR after effect WARNING VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

I went with my dad this evening to sight in our rifles for deer season. When we pulled into the field that we sight in the rifles at we saw a coyote at about 150 yards and it didn't run away. So I got my .308 out of the back, and took one shot at it and the rest is history...And that is basically the whole back of the head blown out

Sorry guys I had to take down the pic

sconnyhunter 10-01-2010 06:30 PM

Ok, that was a Pic, that DID NOT need to be published.

VAhuntr 10-01-2010 06:31 PM

It worked....and very quickly too!

hometheaterman 10-01-2010 06:32 PM

Wow that did some serious damage. I have used the 150 grain ones in my 30-06 and didn't quite get the same results you did. However, I was happy with them. I shot a very large doe at about 150 yards with mine and the doe dropped right there. Didn't move even a foot. Just fell over. When I rolled her over, it was a tiny entrance and exit wound. Almost like the bullet just flew right through the deer and didn't do much other than poke a hole right through the deer. However, like I said the deer feel right there so I can't complain. When skinning the deer I found very very minimal damage. It look on the inside like it did on the out side.

So it got the job done without ruining a bunch of meat.

They also are the only ammo I've found to be accurate in my rifle which is very picky. So needless to say, I really like the ammo.

kelleno 10-01-2010 06:43 PM

Yep that's why I have the VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
And yes I used this load on an adult doe in the shoulder area and it dropped her right in her tracks. Entrance hole was normal and exit was pretty big. Once the bullet hits bone and mushrooms, watch out

Backwoods7 10-01-2010 07:26 PM

I use em sometimes in my 270 killed 3 deer with em 2 droped on the spot both at 70 yards the other was at 200 yards and went 40 yards but I had a heck of a blood trail to follow looked like you took a bucket of red paint and threw it out in puddles so I'm happy with fusions and would recomend em to anyone

keyshunter 10-02-2010 03:17 AM

Nothing special. I did essentially the same thing to a Whitetail doe with a 150 gr. Core-Lokt.

statjunk 10-02-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3693876)
well its not the ammo or the caliber, just what happens when a moderate velocity, med. game weight bullet hits a skull. the skull shifts just after impact, but before penetration, all that liquid (brains) has to go somewhere.
RR

Mmmmm Brains....

Tom

clayshooter25 10-03-2010 08:13 PM

Any sense for how good those 165s in 308 would be for black bear?