Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Laser Sight Options

Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Laser Sight Options

Can anyone tell me what laser sight options I have for a Ruger P97 DC?

I'd like to know my options and if anyone has experience with laser sights on this particular gun

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid...4cb239d2754d6f
Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Replacing the rear sight with a laser integrated rear sight is ONE option. Not my favorite option since they usually have a pretty poor battery life since the batteries are tiny.

The other alternative is to have a picatinny rail mouned to your frame, beneath the barrel. You have 2 options, either have the frame inlet with a square socket and use square machine nuts/threaded sockets (better option), or simply drill and tap the polymer itself. Personally, I chose to use the metal threaded sockets to mount my rails, since this method minimizes the risk of stripping the threads out of the polymer frame. Any gunsmith can do this for fairly cheap, or you can do it yourself if you have a dremmel tool to inlet the square socket for the square nuts. This is my favorite option, because it gives you the most stable mount for your laser.

Option 3 is a trigger guard mounted laser. They're a pain in the hind end to keep zero'ed because the long laser is easy to bump around, and the mounting brackets are never REALLY secure, but it's still an option.