Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stuff that's just bugging me

Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Since this site has been a bit slow the past year or so I've often wondered who might be posting some of these questions...Especially when you see a newer poster...Almost makes me thinks the owners are dreaming this stuff up and joining with a new member name....
Newbie posts start the same way every time. Same stupid question, same stupid argument, same stupid response, same stupid analogy....

wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe a classic or faq forum in each section would help?

There was this really smart guy whom said "the only stupid question is the 1 that goes unasked", maybe its also true that it's a stupid question when its been answered more than 10 times. With a sticky faq maybe some of those 308/06' questions could be avoided.

Is there a moderator in the house??
Old 09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by harter66
"the only stupid question is the 1 that goes unasked",
To this I say "if you believe that the only stupid question is the one unasked....obviously you have not read the same questions I have"
There are in fact a ton of stupid questions and they cycle in and out regularly. IMHO
Old 09-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Since this site has been a bit slow the past year or so I've often wondered who might be posting some of these questions...Especially when you see a newer poster...Almost makes me thinks the owners are dreaming this stuff up and joining with a new member name....
Go to the member list.....there are over 136,000 names listed......and the vast majority of them with zero posts.....

Ever wonder why?

Go back and read this thread from the start.....stuff like this don't help much!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if the best that one can come with for a thread starter is "which is better .308 vs. 30-06" we really aren't missin much now are we ?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

.....I guess I'd like to start this with the statement that there are a WHOLE LOT of new and maybe some older members who aren't as nearly familiar with guns and ammo as the rest of us. Do you really take into consideration the OP's length of time they've been a member or the number of posts they've had?? This place should be a source of good info for all.... not a place to be made fun of because of what others may think as a trivial and "stupid" question.
..... To those who wish to brush off "stupid" questions, I would say this to you...
.... If you don't want to respond, please don't if you don't have some positive feedback
....... Perhaps you were never a "rookie" yourself and were born "knowing it all".
....... Are you getting the jist of this?? This site needs support from our members, not derogutory comments to newcomers. Wise up!!