Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
T/C Icon Problems >

T/C Icon Problems

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Icon Problems

Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C Icon Problems

Picked up a T/C Icon Weathershield in 308 Winchester the other day. I really like the look and feel of the gun, however it has a little problem. After you fire a round, you about have to beat the bolt back to extract the case. The bolt lifts normal....just is extremely hard to pull back. After inspecting the cases, they have a small "gouge" in them just below the rim. Tried Winchester and Federal factory 150 grain loads with the exact same results.

I called T/C Customer service at 7:55 am yesterday morning and was actually suprised someone answered before the "official" opening time. The C/S rep listened to my problem then put me on hold to go speak with a gunsmith. She came back within 3 minutes and told me to send the rifle back with an attention to "John" we'll say. I was then told I would be reimbursed for shipping and they would make me happy....whatever that means.

My gun shop is taking care of shipping it back for me, so hopefully it went out yesterday evening or will go out today. I will be happy if a properly working Icon is back in my hands by September 1st.

I've had several T/C muzzleloaders(currently use an Omega and a White Mtn Carbine) and they have always been excellent shooters and have been fine from the get go.

Here is a pic of 3 of the fired cases:

Old 08-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

T/C sounds like they will make it right. I'd call in a week and ask to speak to "John", or get his e-mail if possible, to see how it is going. My guess is they will send you a new gun because that will probably be the easiest thing for them to do.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've dealt with TC customer service once. It was a decent interaction.

The only problem I had was they shot some form of corrosive powder in my gun and since then I've never been able to contain the rust. Just keeps coming back.

Tom