Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
What do ya think of the Ruger LCR's? >

What do ya think of the Ruger LCR's?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What do ya think of the Ruger LCR's?

Old 08-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default What do ya think of the Ruger LCR's?

Wanting a pocket gun and like Ruger, but not familiar with this little tyke.
Or its little brother, the LCP in .380 auto(?)

Last edited by dig4gold; 08-08-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

I bought an LCR with crimson trace lasergrips about a year ago. It's pretty nice little gun. In IMO it's perfect conceal carry gun. I'm new to conceal carry and I guess small .38 revolvers are recemmended for new CC permit holders because of their simplicty. I've only shot about 150rds through my gun so I'm still getting use to it. The recoil is a little sharp even with regular .38rds. So I'd rather go out and shoot a full size revolver or auto, but try to shoot the LCR enough to stay familier with it.

I have shot the LCP it's also a nice little gun, but would pick the LCR over the LCP. The LCP is fairly cheap so it would be easy enough to pick one up later. It would be even easier to conceal in some situations.

I see Ruger just came out with a 357mag LCR. I cannot imagine shooting a lot of 357 rounds through it, but it would be nice to have the option.

I use a Uncle Mike's inside the pant holster for the LCR.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

We have been having a major problem with the latest LCR's we have received at the store. When you tilt the gun slightly downward something inside the gun will lock it up and not allow the trigger to be pulled all the way to the rear and fire the gun.

Hold the gun level and no problems but tilt down slightly and it locks up.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry my LCP everywhere. I really like how thin it is and that it fits in my front pocket so easily.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

bigbulls; what is the issue? Does Ruger know?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know what the issue is. I haven't taken any of them apart to see for myself because they are brand new, never owned firearms and if we went into the guns then we would be liable for them.

We have sent a couple back to the factory and they came back doing the same thing. We checked the other three or four we have in the store and they all do the same thing. All are going to be going back to Ruger this week
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my LCR. No problems with it, and I am amazed at it's accuracy, for a snubby.
I'll be interested in what is found to be wrong with those malfunctioning LCR's bigbulls, so keep us updated on that.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info bigbulls. I bought my LCR last October I didn't think there were any problems with it. But i did make sure after reading your post and the gun seems fine. It is the 38s that are having this problem? What do you think of the new 357mag LCR? Thanks again!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Banned

One question I have is with the short barrel, does the extractor have enough travel to clear the spent rounds? Or do they "hang up" in the cylander?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
We have been having a major problem with the latest LCR's we have received at the store. When you tilt the gun slightly downward something inside the gun will lock it up and not allow the trigger to be pulled all the way to the rear and fire the gun.

Hold the gun level and no problems but tilt down slightly and it locks up.
Now if they would only make it so that it wouldn't fire when held sidways we'd have something. LOL.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.