Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage 220F: The Good & Bad >

Savage 220F: The Good & Bad

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage 220F: The Good & Bad

Old 07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Savage 220F: The Good & Bad

Looking into purchasing one of these and would like to know from any owners what they like, & dislike about it and if any improvements they either made or think should be made, what did you pay for it, and also what ammo is working for you.

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 07-31-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default 220f

I have two Savage 220f slug guns one is my sons.

cons: Need a one piece base or a very long scope. Barrel has a tendency to heat up pretty quick. my 20 ga h&k ultra slug has a heavier barrel and does not get as hot. Neither of 220f would group the Barnes tipped expanders and this was one of Savages recommended sabots.

pros: Both 220f were extremely accurate with the 3" Remington accutips. The 220f is light and has an excellent recoil pad on it.
It is more like a rifle than a shotgun. They are as accurate as my H&R ultra slug shotgun witout all the weight and the trigger is excellent and adjustable.
I highly recommend the savage 220f.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have had one since June. I have only put 10 rounds through it as it is to hot to shoot right now. I wanted the black one and the guy shot me a price of 429 he could not find one in black so he sold me the camo one in the store for the same price. I shoot 3 inch accutips. Hardly any kick and very light. I put a Nikon Buckmasters 6x18x40 as I needed it for longer shots over grain fields.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is a one piece base for this gun

I have one and with the accutip 3" I'm shooing 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards. I have a Zeiss Conqest 3-9x40 on the top of it.

I honestly don't see any cons to this gun, for what you pay and the accuracy you get... Add in the accutrigger... cons???
Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure sounds good !

I'll be saving-up for one.......................
Old 09-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You got the good and the bad but you forgot the ugly!!