Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Waterfoul Guns >

Waterfoul Guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Waterfoul Guns

Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default Waterfoul Guns

last year i decided to go from a pump to an auto. I was never more dissapointed with the preformance of a gun i my life (we will leave the make and model out so it doesnt appear like i am bashing anyone). so this year i am going to change again. I have a TC pro hunter and am thinking i may throw a 12 barrel on it and do the single shot thing. Any one doing this? how is it working for you? My other option is the o/u...yeah i know a second round can make a big difference but i really enjoy the simpler things. then there is the money, after 1400 last year, it will be easier to sneek a few hundred past the wife instead of 2000 for a quality o/u.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Beretta Extrema - good to go !

http://www.beretta.com/Long-guns/Fie...2&idv=1&id=894
Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Spike

had my fill of auto's i think, just not my cup of tea
Old 07-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Too bad you had a bad experience. I've shot two different autos over the past 23years. A Remington 11-87 and Benelli SBII and for the most part both have been flawless. I also like my pumps and heck for the money you can't beat a good pump gun. If money is a concern why not go back down that road?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Spike

money isnt a problem just trying to avoid upseting the wife with another expensive gun. i have been considered another BPS but i have really been wanting something different
Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can't beat a double barrel. You can get a good used one for a couple hundred, and they are always dependable *until a firing pin breaks*.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Flatire
money isnt a problem just trying to avoid upseting the wife with another expensive gun. i have been considered another BPS but i have really been wanting something different
Thats the concern I was talking about believe me its the same way at my place. I was stupid and told my wife I would't buy another gun until I bought her another diamond ring. How many rings does a person need? Anyway in your case maybe look for good used O/U. Good Luck.