Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Most accurate Hunting rifle out of the box? >

Most accurate Hunting rifle out of the box?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Most accurate Hunting rifle out of the box?

Old 07-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I have to agree with the others......SAKO
Another vote for Sako. I have one of the old L691s in 300 WBY and it will shoot a 3/4" group even if I'm having a bad day.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
That must be true cause I read it here. I just can't get past the fugliness of Savages. I believe I'll go with Sako here.
Fugly is good.You can take a fugly gun into the woods and wear or slight damage won't matter as much 'cause it was fugly to begin with.Nice looking guns need to stay that way.Let's hear it for fugly!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go with the T/C Icon. The main reasons are the 5R rifling and a scope base that's machined into the receiver, the interlok aluminum bedding system looks pretty good also. I've chambered and machined hundreds of sniper rifle barrels from blanks that were made by Boots Obermeyer, who is the inventor of canted land 5R rifling. I'm sure that T/C doesn't hand lap every barrels like Boots does, but the design is there. Also having the scope base machined into the receiver might not seem like a big deal, but it is one less thing to go wrong and by being machined you know that it's in line with the bore.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

Savage just won the F-Class world championship shooting stock Savage target rifles. So if I had to make a bet I would pick a Savage. The new Long Range Hunter models in particular have recently had some posts that claimed they shot very accurately.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting ready to pick up a T/C Icon in 308 Win and can only hope it is as accurate as my Browning X-Bolt in 270 has been. So far I have teseted 3 different bullet weights and 4 different brands of ammo. The worst group was 1.25" and the best has been all 3 bullet holes touching.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe sako85 has a 5 shot in 1" guarantee, think that's the best guarantee on the market for a factory rifle...
Old 07-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

All Sako's

One MOA for five shots. While that’s not spectacular, few other major gun companies (Cooper being the notable exception) provide accuracy guarantees for their hunting rifles. SAKO claims that “Each rifle must place five shots within one inch at 100 yards or it doesn’t ship.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:08 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Sheridan
All Sako's

One MOA for five shots. While that’s not spectacular, few other major gun companies (Cooper being the notable exception) provide accuracy guarantees for their hunting rifles. SAKO claims that “Each rifle must place five shots within one inch at 100 yards or it doesn’t ship.
You own a bunch of sako's and coopers?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Fugly is good.You can take a fugly gun into the woods and wear or slight damage won't matter as much 'cause it was fugly to begin with.Nice looking guns need to stay that way.Let's hear it for fugly!
Exactly... I have an older Savage 110 in a .308 (from what I understand, it's identical to the long action .30-06 Savage, but yet they just shortened up the magazine and bolt action, and made a .308 version of it too). It's not the prettiest rifle around, but it is wickedly accurate!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

.300 Win Mag Remington Sendero II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.