Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Questions: Remington 700 CDL SF >

Questions: Remington 700 CDL SF

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Questions: Remington 700 CDL SF

Old 07-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Questions: Remington 700 CDL SF

Hey guys,

I have some questions about the Remington 700 CDL SF:

Do you have this specific gun?

What caliber do you have it in?

What do you like about it?

What don't you like about it?

How is the accuracy of it for you?(group sizes?) Did you go with stock shells or custom?

I have attached a picture of it for you to check out.

I look forward in your replies.

iSnipe
Attached Thumbnails Questions: Remington 700 CDL SF-rem-700cdl-sf_limited.jpg  
Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I had a cdl in 3006 was an excellent rifle. Factory 165 gr. hornady interbond 3 shot group <1"@100 yards.
Chris
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Never saw the point of a stainless rifle in a pretty piece of walnut. The original CDL is damnfine IMO just a little pricey. Stick that barreled action in a Ti Takeoff or Lone Wolf now were talking.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Spike

I have two CDL SF's, a limited edition 260 and a 300wsm. The 260 is a dream to shoot and using the Corbon Hunter 120grain TSX ammo I have gotten 3/4 inch and even smaller groups. The 300wsm has been a bit over an inch with the winchester xp3 150grn. but I have a box of the new 165grain tipped Bear Claw to try. I really like these guns.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do not have this specific rifle.

I'd pick one of the WSM's, perhaps the .257wby.

It's the best looking Remington rifle on the market! prove me wrong? synthetic stocks with rubber molded grips? ewww!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The reason I asked if someone had this "specific" gun was also due to the fluted barrel and it being smaller or thinner than others. I had concerns of it's accuracy because of that. The best I've heard from factory ammo is 3/4" groups. That's fine for me for hunting whitetails. I think it's a beautiful gun. I have long range rifles and they are usually camoed up, etc. I thought for a fair weather gun, this would be a good choice. I had special interests in the .260 because it's my favorite deer caliber.

Thank you guys for the responses. And yes, the blued barrels look nice too. Can't argue with that! I've also considered the CDL with the blued barrel, non-fluted, but this specific gun is lingering in my mind so much, I just might pull the trigger. (pun intended!)

iSnipe
Old 07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Spike

the top one is the .260 CDL SF. The rest are also .260's just a model 7 and a ruger.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Spike

I have the 100th anniversary 30-06 CDL SF. Beautiful gun, love the way it fits me. I have done limited shooting with it so far, but with a little time, this gun seems capable of MOA shooting.