Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Value

Old 01-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Spike

Default Gun Value

What is a good source of information on the values of shotguns? I have a Browning 16gauge made in 1928 with a full choke that I want to sell and an Ithaca 16gauge side by side with cylinder and open modified chokes both 2 3/4. Any information anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thank you
Old 01-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Shooters Bible.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

honestly in todays fast changing market, many times the best way to find values is, to do online searches of LIKE model/yrs guns and see what folks are ASKING< then figure about 20-25% less is what they will sell for , unless very rare or in HIGH demand

there is also a BLUE book for gun's as well
but honestly,I never found it to be that accurate, as so few folks will ever pay BOOK value on anything these days, too many low ball offers will drive you nuts till you get to a honest person with a fair price more times than not
I was in the gun business and sold several thousand guns new and used!
some times you get lucky and things go fast and fair, bt last few yrs, its been nasty with how lack of shameful some can be at offers they make you on things they KNOW are worth a LOT more, as if they all think your desperate for $$

places like Gum america and Gun Broker, many time swill have what YOU have for sale and many ties many, and again, expect things to priced HIGHER than sold at
a more real place to look will be maybe, Armslist.com, where its mostly private sellers with private adds,. but even there, its a lot of folk's HOPING to get higher than realistic prices for things, and or just knowing they will get a zillion low ball offers, they price higher so they can come down and make people FEEL like they got one over on them or a deal??