Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which rifle? >

Which rifle?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which rifle?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
No sir you came across as one should in such a situation, I made an error ( not unusual) and you pointed it out in a very satisfactory manner. Better than I can say for some.

I'm the same way....seems like I have no problems making errors!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Which model 700 ?

I own a SPS in .243 and like it very much, but...

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...00-sps-dm.aspx

My Sako A7 Stainless in 7MM Rem Mag is a far superior rifle.

http://www.berettausa.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=35936

Define "far superior." Are you comparing calibers? Accuracy? The Remington SPS is a lower end Model 700. So maybe you are talking aesthetics? It is still built on the 700 action which is arguably the best and most trusted action on the market today.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

By FAR SUPERIOR I mean, material and workmenship (calibers all together different subject).

Tight fit, refined finish, overall quality of materials used to build the firearm......................the bolt is like butter, includes weaver style mounts, stainless barrel, etc.

As far as accuracy;

Sako guarantees any of their rifles, including the A7 to shoot 5 shots within a 1" circle (roughly one MOA) at 100 yards.

http://www.biggamehunt.net/reviews/sako-a7-review

Your are correct the SPS is a lower end model 700.

I still love my SPS, but it ain't no Sako A7.

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-16-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Spike

Talking

I got my rifle today. I chose the TC Venture. I know it wasn't one of my choices but I picked it up today and just had to have it. It is chambered in 30-06. I cant wait to to get it out to the range to site it in. I topped it with a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x30 BDC scope.

I am SOOOOO excited Thanks for all yalls help!!!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know much about the new A7 ako ,But I have a older AV in 25-06 that is sweet almost to pretty to take in the woods but that ain't never mattered to me anyway.Probally one of the most accurate rifles I own.It is a bit heavy because the barrell is a bit bigger than most .It's not a bull but rather more of a heavy ( I guess)not like the old pencil barrells they used for Browning.Like said a model 700 is like a small block chevy you can build 10 for the price of 1 ford.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bassmaster,

Now that you made your choice.......................never look back.

Go out and enjoy it !

Since you already spent good money on your new rifle, consider getting a professional gunsmith to do a basic trigger job and have the barrel hand lapped.

During your practice sessions with your new rifle a barrel break-in procedure is NOT going to hurt it !

http://www.rifle-accuracy-reports.com/barrel-break-in.html

Congratulations !!!