Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 anybody know what happened to the browning bpr ( pump rifle ) >

anybody know what happened to the browning bpr ( pump rifle )

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

anybody know what happened to the browning bpr ( pump rifle )

Old 07-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default anybody know what happened to the browning bpr ( pump rifle )

i remember it being introduced but don' t remember it being discontinued , i don' t see it in the catalog , just thought i' de ask , as i saw a post about her in the review forum
Old 07-01-2003, 05:58 PM

Default RE: anybody know what happened to the browning bpr ( pump rifle )

it has been discontinued. i fnd some once in awhile in either 270win or 30-06sprg. to bad though. i think they where far superior to the remington' s JMHO
Old 07-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The market is weak for pump actions at this time so sales were probably not adequate to make the manufacture of these models profitable.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

i thought that it was something like that , they were pretty high priced though , shame too , from what i saw in shooting times it looked to be a very good rifle
Old 07-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a new one that I bought a couple months ago . Its still in the box that it came in . It is the only one that I have ever seen around ,that was why I bought it . The one I have is in a 243win . If they have discontinued it already maybe I better leave it in the box .
Old 07-02-2003, 03:18 AM

halcon..

i take it you have not shot it yet? i find the way the foward pump sits back farther than the rem 760/7600 was eaiser for me to hold. it also had a nice balance to it. the ones i see in the " used guns " dept. are usually gone within a week to 4 days.
someday would like to get one in 30-06sprg and get it changed to a 35whelen. if not a ole 270win would be nice. hold on to it you never know if they might be worth $$$ latter down the road.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ifthey werent brownings and expensive the normal PA guys would sucked them right up...its seems more and more you see guys with remington pump guns.....they like to call them " pa machine guns" and shoot them like they are too......browning should make a cheap version for PA lol....my friend has one in 300 win mag...his dad bought it just before they discontinued them......personally i think its ugly and the pump was too wierd for me....but i do love brownings....that gun just didnt look as nice as others...i agree theres not much demand for a pump gun in a hig caliber rifle cartidge....sure theres some....but not like bolt guns ect...
Old 07-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quilly Your right I have never shot it .I just got it for a good price so I bought it as an investment . I already have a couple 243 win that I hunt with . This is the only one that I have ever seen and I like guns that are different .
Old 04-12-2021, 10:32 AM
Spike

Default Renato Perfetti

Originally Posted by halcon
I have a new one that I bought a couple months ago . Its still in the box that it came in . It is the only one that I have ever seen around ,that was why I bought it . The one I have is in a 243win . If they have discontinued it already maybe I better leave it in the box .
Would you consider selling this gun? I have been searching for years to find one.

Please advise and thank you,
Renato J. Perfetti
11 Tilton Court, Walpole, MA 02081
ren2ato@netscape,net
617-538-5812
Old 04-12-2021, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ren2ato
Would you consider selling this gun? I have been searching for years to find one.

Please advise and thank you,
Renato J. Perfetti
11 Tilton Court, Walpole, MA 02081
ren2ato@netscape,net
617-538-5812
You could not have been looking really hard. Here are 2 on Gunbroker.com up for auction. Looks like the 30-06 is a really nice one.
You do realize that this thread had no posts since 2003 right ?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firea...browning%20bpr

Quick Reply: anybody know what happened to the browning bpr ( pump rifle )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.