Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Opinions  about shooting reloads >

Opinions about shooting reloads

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Opinions about shooting reloads

Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks ..I will check it out
C7
Old 06-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

chuck..sounds like your buddy just might know what he is doing...if he made them himself, and didnt get them from another buddy.
i shot 4 reloads in my life, the 4th one felt like a black cat went off in my hand, and never ran another reload from someone ever again. i bought them at the range not knowing they were reloads.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Did you read the optics talk write up?
Just read it..now I'm leaing toward the Firefly..Bushnell Elite 3200.I'
ve got the SWFA catalog.
By the way..GREAT READ!!!{-;..and I hate reading but that was excellent
Old 06-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, mine doesn't have the firefly reticle but I have the Bushnell Elite 3200 2-7x32mm on my Marlin 336SS. I have to say that I'm really impressed with it. It's a 30-30 so I didn't feel a need for anything over 32mm, and it sits nice and low on the rifle. The glass is really clear and I can easily see a deer at max distance after shooting hours.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the reply...I've did a little more investigation..leaning towards the 4200 BUshnell for 242.00..free shipping
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck just go look at scopes at Bass Pro etc don't buy anything...SWFA.com or just a plain internet search will find you a much better deal. Unless you have some kind of coupon their prices can be easily beaten at a lot of places.

Get a budget in mind and even post what should I buy with X amount of $$$. If you dont know a ton of scopes you will prob be talked into buying something you could have done better getting somewhere other then BP.

opticstalk.com will give you all the info you will ever need buying a scope. Personally I wouldnt buy anything at Walmart the Leupolds they offered are overpriced junk. IDK about the Nikon you posted but Im sure you can get a better price.

samplelist.com also has some good deals (its like the used/scratch and dent part of swfa)

You guys answering the questions about the rounds he got forgot that Chuck asked what "HE" should do with them. He didnt ask what someone with a good bit of reloading knowledge should do with them.

Also if you get a new scope you may want to think about a half decent set of mounts(assuming what you have isnt the greatest). Most name brand stuff will be fine in the 25ish bucks range for rings and 25ish bucks range for mounts.

If you need help mounting scope just post the questions or do a search on here there is plenty of info. Dont be scared to do it yourself.

IMO that 4200 for $242 is the best deal for any scope going right now. You wont touch that quality on another new scope in that price range.

Last edited by Duckbutter48; 06-08-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

"IMO that 4200 for $242 is the best deal for any scope going right now. You wont touch that quality on another new scope in that price range. "

Apppreciate the post..Scope was ordered 10 minutes ago by my wife for my birthday present..{ -; ..with free shipping.
New in the box...I may get new mounts..I hve a friend who works at a gun store..25.00 for new mounts.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You made a great choice on the scope. Make sure the mounts you get from your buddy at a gunstore are some quality mounts and you should be good to go. Best to get steel mounts instead of aluminum.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Dominant Buck

ok thanks
Appreciate all your help
Old 06-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

As a reloader, when I load it is rifle specific, not meant for xyz. So with that premise my gut says no. I load for other then my own guns however I need the rifle present to start the development process otherwise I am just assuming...which can lead to problems. Always safety first when dealing with firearms, JMO. Return them to your friend and either buy OTC or ask him to share his knowledge in reloading so you can custom load for your rifle. Most reloaders will share their equipment/expertise to those who show interest. A rewarding/addition to this great sport!!!

Best of luck.

BTW, you should be plenty pleased with your choice of scope. 4200 will work nicely on that 270. Enjoy