Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ruger LCP vs Sig Sauer P238 >

ruger LCP vs Sig Sauer P238

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ruger LCP vs Sig Sauer P238

Old 05-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default ruger LCP vs Sig Sauer P238

So I'm looking for a nice 380 acp for concealed carry. I was going to go with the Ruger LCP, but the other day I looked at the Sig Sauer p238, the Taurus and the kel tec. I'm really interested in the Sig Sauer. Does anyone have one? how do they shot? are they better then the other ones? there more money, but they seem to be made out of something compared to the other models.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I have not personally shot a P238 I have plenty of experience with other Sigs. Sig pistols are excellent quality. It will be a little heavier and bulkier than the LCP or Keltec. There is a review of the P238 in the June 2010 Guns magazine. I do know it is designed to be carried "c o c k e d and locked".

Last edited by VAhuntr; 05-09-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Ruger LCP and am pretty happy with it. Had I known Sig was going to release the 238 I may have waited a little longer and gone with it. It is much like the Colt Mustang and feels pretty comfortable in my hand. It is a bit heavier than the Ruger but it just feels nice. I like that it has sights unlike the LCP. Overall though I am not complaining about my LCP. Go with what fits you.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I would go for the Sig. If your already familiar with 1911's the P238 would be the better option. Tried and true and familiar to boot. Losing my 1911 to a Beretta was like losing an old friend.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go check out a few more sites. www.ar15.com has a huge section on carry guns and from most of the posts I've read they say stay away from that gun. Lots of jamming problems and overall very innacurate.

I think Sig's are great but this model seems to get hammered.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Imho, for the size and cost of the Sig, I would rather have a Kahr PM9. The whole purpose of using a .380 versus a 9mm is size and conceilability. If you're willing to carry the extra weight and spend the extra money, check out the Kahr. Personally I am going with the LCP, mine is due in this week. I have a really good local shop, he's getting me the LCP with the chromed slide for only $339 and I'm really psyched. My conceiled weapons permit came in the mail last week and I've been carrying an old H&R .32 S&W, but it's a lot bulkier than the LCP.