Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Concealed Carry... >

Concealed Carry...

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Concealed Carry...

Old 05-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carried a Glock 23 for quite a while. I find that my single stack, bobtail 1911 conceals easier!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Everyone seems to have a different preference. I have a G17 now, but its a little big. Thinking about going with either a 19 or 26. Although the Kahr's look pretty good too...

How are the 1911's to conceal? I really like them, it just seems like they would be a bit bulky...?
1911’s are actually pretty easy to conceal due to the width of the slide and receiver (single stack).

To me at least, I don’t sweat slide length because I carry IWB, and with my Stinger or any officer grip frame, it conceals nicely in the 3:30 or 4:00 position. I think for a 1911, the CCO makes a lot of sense. I get a commander length barrel/slide of 4 ¼” and an officer grip frame. It's just about as shootable as a 5" and conceals better IMHO.

I also carry a SIG P6 once in a while and even though it too is a single stack, it just feels “blocky” to me.

Chuck
Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'd be more worried with a revolver
Just keep your finger off the trigger until you want the gun to go bang
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Spike

Sig P229, 180 gr Federal Hydro Shocks JHP in a Milt Sparks VMII
Old 07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anybody carry a Kahr or a G19? Most likely be buying one or the other within a week...the 17 is just a little too big...
Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Spike

Summer- Ruger LCR in a Desantis pocket holster.
Winter- Glock 36 in a fobus paddle holster.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

I've carried concealed/off duty at one time or another a Glock 17, 22, 23, 27 and 30. I've also carried a Ruger SP101--357M, Walther PPK (this actually fits in my slacks front pants pocket), SIG 220 and 226. I carried the bigger guns in a fanny pack and the smaller guns in paddle holsters, ankle holsters and a small of the back holder. I wanted to try one of those pager hidden holsters but never got around to it. The full size guns are definitely harder to conceal. If you practice "a lot," you can draw and shoot from a fanny pack fairly quick but not as fast as a paddle holster.

Robert, the same trigger finger discipline also works with semi-autos. If you're interested, PM me and I can help you with the slide issue to the point where you will prefer a semi.

Jeepkid, this may be too late but have you considered getting a smaller Glock if you already have lots of practice and muscle memory with a Glock? You don't have to learn a new gun (all Glocks pretty much work the same) and you can actually accelerate your training. I'm using a Glock 30SF right now and love it. It's the same size as a G23 but shoots 45's and has the grip surface slightly reduced. It shoots very tight groups and a 45 is always a good thing to have in a gun fight.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Spike

i carry the judge custom holster by bob cutt
Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I carry, people KNOW it.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter

Jeepkid, this may be too late but have you considered getting a smaller Glock if you already have lots of practice and muscle memory with a Glock? You don't have to learn a new gun (all Glocks pretty much work the same) and you can actually accelerate your training. I'm using a Glock 30SF right now and love it. It's the same size as a G23 but shoots 45's and has the grip surface slightly reduced. It shoots very tight groups and a 45 is always a good thing to have in a gun fight.
Yep I would like to stick with a Glock. The 19 seems just about right, the 26 seems a little small for me to shoot accurately...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.