Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Saiga AK pattern rifles >

Saiga AK pattern rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Saiga AK pattern rifles

Old 04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Saiga AK pattern rifles

Anyone have any input on the quality of a Saiga AK pattern rifles. I have a chance to buy one at a fairly decent price. It would just be a fun gun for plinking and home defense to go along with my Yugo SKS. Any input apprecriated.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The reviews Ive read are all pretty good, as far as quality goes ,and Ive also read good things about the accuracy of the 223 saigas. Its kinda heavy though, about 8.5lbs empty, w/out a scope, so walking around too far, might get tiresome. someone can correct me if Im wrong, but I thing they only come w/ 5 or 10 rnd mags, and the aftermarket hi cap siaga mags, are really expensive. I dont think they accept std ak mags, but again I could be wrong. Its good for people who live in states like CA, or NY who have pistol grip and other restrictions, but if you want a 7.62x39 AK, and dont have any configuration restrictions ,i would go w/ a romainian or chinese AK cause the hi cap mags are much cheaper and abundant. My .02.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I'm in the PRNJ, no pistol grip, flash suppressor, bayonet lug or hi cap mags allowed.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

We can have pistol grips, and hi cap "preban" mags in NY, but no bayonet lug, flash suppressors, or collapsible stocks. Thanks god for that, the drive by bayonetings were getting out of control up here
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Try looking at www.saiga-12.com it's the place for Saiga info.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

i have a saiga chambered in .308win with a 16" barrel. i haven't put a bunch of rounds through it but i do like it. i haven't done any long range shooting with it because i didn't buy it for that. but, the short range accuracy is good. again i haven't shot it a lot so i can't speak personally about its reliability. although i haven't had any issues with it so far. a couple of guys here at work have and have had verious Saigas and they both have nothing but good things to say about the reliability. what is the rifle chambered in and how much can you get it for?