Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best Polymer Pistol ? >

Best Polymer Pistol ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best Polymer Pistol ?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Best Polymer Pistol ?

Which is the best 9MM as a CC piece (please pick ONLY one from the list) ?

Springfield XD, Glock G19, S&W M&P, Sig Pro SP 2022, Beretta PX 4, CZ 75 P-01

Hoping you can tell me why also.

Thanks in advance !!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you are wanting a primary CC handgun I wouldn't pick any of them. IMHO any of them will serve as good multi purpose firearms (CC, House, Range, etc...) if you were to have only one handgun for everything but they are too bulky and fat for a primary CC firearm. I would look for a single stack handgun like a Kahr CW or PM, Para carry 9, Keltec PF9, etc... etc... Or a revolver like a S&W 642/442.

But if I had to pick from that list it would be XD or M&P.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Which is the best 9MM as a CC piece (please pick ONLY one from the list) ?

Springfield XD, Glock G19, S&W M&P, Sig Pro SP 2022, Beretta PX 4, CZ 75 P-01

Hoping you can tell me why also.

Thanks in advance !!!

Can't really go wrong with any of them as far as being a well made pistol. I carry a Glock 27 for my backup gun and for off duty CC. I switched to the 27 from the 23(same size as the 19) and found the subcompact Glocks easier to conceal.

I had a Sig Pro a few years back and it was a fine pistol with an excellent trigger. However a little bulky for CC IMO. If it were me I would look at the Glock for CC....but I would lean to the G26. You can still use Glock 19/17 mags for range use and then switch to the 26 mags for CC.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had problems IWB concealing a G23-sized pistol. My Taurus 85 is only marginally more concealable, I find the cylinder on even .38cal revolvers uncomfortable as I'm very lean. The flat semis are easier on me.

From the list you give, I would say they all have good reputations and you should hold each and determine what feels best in your hands. The best for one person is not necessarily the best for all. I would not have quality concerns with any on your list.

I would not trust my life to a Kel-Tec...

MTA: You really need to shoot a G26 before you buy one. Not only did I hate the way it gripped in my hand (too stinking small), but it was an unfun gun to shoot. I too had thought of one for a smaller/lighter option to my G23 but shooting one ended that idea. IMHO they are a love-or-hate gun.

Last edited by spaniel; 04-12-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love my single stack .45 ACP 1911. I carried a Glock 23 for years, but this is much easier to conceal. That said, the Glock is dependable and goes bang when you pull the trigger. I'd have to vote for it.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

M&P 9C or XD 9 are the same quality - if you like the grip angle, or Glock if you like their version of grip angle. All three are tops.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

WELL I own the XD-40 in the five inch version..the ported model...don't own any of the others but you'd be hard pressed in making me believe anything else is much better..
Old 04-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 4" versions of both the M&P and the XD. There is nothing wrong with the M&P, frankly it would be my top choice. The Glock is very reliable, but I don't care for the grip angle and the issue with the case not being fully supported during firing. The case support issue is not a deal killer, and is one reason that the Glock is so reliable, but too many reported "kabooms" with reloads for my comfort. Of course, an aftermarket barrel can fix the support issue on the Glock and make it a nearly perfect pistol (except for the grip angle).
Old 04-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I won't try and at least dry fire each of the guns you mentioned. I have a XDM and G23. I went to purchase an M&P but hated the trigger. It felt ok in my hand as far as grip angle but the trigger kinda hinges in the middle and I hated it.

Im sure the M&P are fine firearms but you couldn't give me one of them. I dont think you will go wrong with any of your choices so your personal pref. on grip angle and trigger will prob be the way to go.

A side note..having 20 rounds loaded at a time in the XDM is extremely fun for plinking.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Out of those choices I'd go with the XD any day. But my carry piece is a Springfield EMP 40.

Last edited by SWThomas; 05-15-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.