Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
First bb/pellet gun ideas >

First bb/pellet gun ideas

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

First bb/pellet gun ideas

Old 04-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Banned

Red Ryder for the 9 year old, buck for the 6 year old. BB guns aren't typically 20 yard guns.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the idea that it's yours, and you let him use it, under your supervision....................

Here you go;

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?product=Whisper 22&productID=289

Last edited by Sheridan; 04-11-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went with the Crosman 760. For $35 at Walmart, I'm happy. It's mine, the 6 year old will get a turn to shoot every so often, and the 9 year old will learn how to load it, pump it, etc. Nothing is done if I am not there. It will be locked up. As far as they are concerned, it is a firearm, and not an air gun.

Out of the box, first shot was a bulls eye at about 15 yards. Half dollar group of 5 shots.

More than adaquate for a first time pellet gun, IMO.

Once my older son gets a bit older, we will look at something in the 1000 fps range. Maybe a scope by then too.

Thanks for all the advice, guys!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would get one of the breakover pellet guns. Get them a good scope one it and teach them to handle it safely. It will be good training for when they get older and start shooting .22's and centerfire rifles.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffS
I would get one of the breakover pellet guns. Get them a good scope one it and teach them to handle it safely. It will be good training for when they get older and start shooting .22's and centerfire rifles.

maybe a pos scope to learn with lol..definitely dont put a Burris er Swarovski scope on it lol
Old 04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
maybe a pos scope to learn with lol..definitely dont put a Burris er Swarovski scope on it lol
Scopes ...
No scope for this gun. IMO, young ones should learn to shoot well with iron sights, and have a lot of experience using them before switching over to scopes. And I can't see trying to mount a scope onto a plastic gun.